Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

My obsession with the Fendi 2Jours Tote is growing by the minute

POST A REPLY

Jul 16, 2012, 10:03am   #1
PurseBlog.com
PurseBlog.com
For those of us who cover it, Fashion Week (Err, month. It’s definitely a month.) is like a giant K-hole of glitter and fur and champagne cocktails and middle-of-the-night coverage deadlines that never relents, not even on weekends. (Especially not on weekends.) When it’s done, it’s often hard to remember anything in particular that you saw, but a bag or two generally sticks in my mind long enough that I’m still salivating over it and anticipating its existence when Fall 2012 deliveries start arriving in stores. That was the case with the Fendi 2Jours Bag, and when Sarah Jessica Parker was caught carrying it not long ago, all of my hopes were confirmed – it’s just as chic in real life as it was on the runway in Milan.

As I’ve suspected from the beginning, Fendi’s intentions with this bag go far beyond just normal leather totes. Because of the simple structure (note the in-or-out gussets a la Celine) and modern hardware, the bag lends itself to all kinds of variations – texture, color, pattern. The bag is a perfect blank canvas, and Fendi’s design team appears to be hard at work filling it up in as many ways as they can imagine. Check out our favorites after the jump.

Fendi 2Jours Spotted Calf Hair Shopper, $3360 via Nordstrom

The post My obsession with the Fendi 2Jours Tote is growing by the minute appeared first on PurseBlog - Designer Handbag News and Reviews.

View the original post on PurseBlog.com!
Jul 16, 2012, 2:52pm   #2
h
hotshot
just ok...
Jul 16, 2012, 7:20pm   #3
poopsie2
Are you ready Steve?
WTH is with these prices
Jul 16, 2012, 8:40pm   #4
BgaHolic
Emma 4ever in my <3
Originally Posted by poopsie2
WTH is with these prices
You sound like one of the few sane ones here. I have been saying this for a while. The answer I have come up with is as long as women are willing to pay for it, the price can rise.
Jul 17, 2012, 11:22am   #5
bisbee
Best Bubbie
I don't get it. Other than the interesting treatments, the bag doesn't impress me at all - the handles seem to be out of proportion with the size of the bag. It's a throwback of a design...and the prices, I agree, are much too high.

IMO, of course.
Jul 17, 2012, 10:18pm   #6
gacats
love me some bags!
I love a tote bag but I like a reasonably priced tote bag.
Jul 18, 2012, 6:17am   #7
p
platinum_girly
Account Deactivated
Don't do anything for me.
Jul 23, 2012, 5:21am   #8
karo
Not a fan
Jul 23, 2012, 11:00am   #9
Waffle65
I like it, but not for that price.
Jul 23, 2012, 7:01pm   #10
C
ChrystelaB
I like it too
Jul 23, 2012, 7:43pm   #11
gacats
love me some bags!
Fendi has some interesting colors and patterns going on.
Jul 28, 2012, 7:13pm   #12
LV-PRADAfanatic
Built Hot for LV
its ok
Jul 28, 2012, 7:58pm   #13
D
D2K
Wow! $3k+ for a tote? this is a bit pricey. But i do like new edge Fendi has taken. Its always a breath of fresh air when you see designers do different things.

If you do decide to purchase one of these please be carefull with the calf fur. My experience with calf fur has not been a good one. The hair rubs off all over you and the constant friction between your clothing and bag also damages your clothing. For example if you wear a wool knit the bag will make your top ball and the hair gets stuck inbetween the yarn.

My bag personally (a gucci one) was once a full calf fur bag and now the back of it is a hairless/bald calf. Its a little funny when i put it like that but if i had my time again i would not have purchased a calf hair bag. It has been a terrible investment.
Aug 30, 2012, 10:56pm   #14
Britters
I love this bag. It is so classic and comfortable to carry. I have never really been a fan of calf hair bags but, this bag in the solid colored leather is perfect and priced 1k cheaper at $2260.
Dec 19, 2012, 5:37pm   #15
p
prissypinkpurse
Suprised at the responses to this tote. I think its a beautiful bag!! I am a big fan of calf hair bags & this one has amazing pattern
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >