Home Bags, Bags, Bags Blog Entries

Man Bag Monday: The Balenciaga Creased Leather Pouch

POST A REPLY

Jul 16, 2012, 12:03pm   #1
PurseBlog.com
Men’s bags don’t vary all that much, although they’re starting to vary a little bit more, so seeing something like the Balenciaga Creased Leather Pouch always makes me a bit confused. This bag was in the new arrivals at Mr. Porter alongside what can only be described as a Jil Sander Black Leather Lunch Bag which had completely sold out, so it’s undeniable that there’s a market for what is essentially a men’s clutch. But how are they used? Even in New York fashion circles, I’ve never seen a dude just, you know…carrying a clutch. Except for perhaps Bryan Boy, but he’s the exception that proves all kinds of rules, now isn’t he?

My guess would be that men use a piece like this as a bag-within-a-bag; a holder for the stray bits that float around in one’s manbag. That doesn’t entirely explain the Jil Sander lunch bag, but this Balenciaga pouch would be a smart option for both everyday use and travel if organization is your intention.

On top of that, there’s an undeniable opportunity for women here. This pouch is 13 inches wide, which makes it a simple, awesome day-to-night clutch option, and it’s priced on the men’s scale. Were it intended to be sold to women, it would cost a lot more than the $475 for which it’s listed at NET-A-PORTER. Shop the men’s section, ladies, particularly when it comes to things like sweaters and bags. The markup for women is often astronomical compared to the one on similar men’s pieces. Buy for $475 via Mr. Porter.

The post Man Bag Monday: The Balenciaga Creased Leather Pouch appeared first on PurseBlog - Designer Handbag News and Reviews.

View the original post on PurseBlog.com!
Jul 17, 2012, 1:47pm   #2
h
no, no
Jul 17, 2012, 9:16pm   #3
love me some bags!
Well, you can sure tell that's a B bag!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Bags, Bags, Bags Blog Entries