Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Kate Spade knows the way to a writer?s heart ? through her handbag

POST A REPLY

Oct 28, 2010, 8:05am   #1
S
Savvy.PurseBlog
PurseBlog Savvy
Lately, it seems as though Kate Spade is in on a mission to get me to buy a novelty handbag. First, she debuted her splendid bookcover clutches in some of my favorite classic titles, and now the Kate Spade All Typed Up Clyde Satchel has come to my attention, thanks to a Twitter friend.

Writers and the tools of their trade share an emotional bond on which I’ve touched before, and I know far too many people who collect old typewriters, even among my too-young-for-typewriters age group. For them and for me, this particular bag makes it seem like someone at Kate Spade is part of our inside joke.

The brand has had some of its best moments over the past few seasons with novelty bags, and based on the contents of its Spring 2011 collection, it seems as though customers have encouraged Spade to venture even further into slightly silly terrain. I’m not sure that I’d actually want to carry this bag (or spend $500 on it), but I appreciate that it exists at all – for me, whimsy is always a welcome addition to any handbag department. Buy through Nordstrom for $495.

View the original post on PurseBlog Savvy!
Oct 28, 2010, 8:29am   #2
NagaJolokia
Living Hard
Ew, no way. I don't mind novelty bags, and I even have one myself- a ninja star, but this one just looks really abysmal.
Oct 28, 2010, 8:43am   #3
linhhhuynh
always an if in life
i think it's cute! not for $500 though
Oct 28, 2010, 10:24am   #4
kgirl<3
I·R 1/f
whoa. interesting.
Oct 28, 2010, 10:25am   #5
HandbagAngel
It is good as an elementry school kid's lunch bag. He/she could practice typing while mommy is driving.
Oct 28, 2010, 11:33am   #6
D
DiorDeVille
Account Deactivated
I'm so lusting after this bag but gambling that it will end up at 50 percent off on hautelook / gilt groupe / ruelala at some point....
Oct 28, 2010, 11:41am   #7
l
lvdreamer
Looking for Winter
I think that it's cute as a novelty bag and someone who loves typewriters would probably love it. But, I'm not willing to pay $500 for it.
Oct 28, 2010, 11:43am   #8
BagsRmyLife
I think it's cute, I would use it!
Oct 28, 2010, 2:22pm   #9
k
karmenzsofia
Nah...unless it's just for fun.
Oct 28, 2010, 7:08pm   #10
Luxe Diva
LVOE 4 DESIGNER BAGS
OMG .
Oct 28, 2010, 11:21pm   #11
peppamint
up in the air
Just because a bag wants to be "novelty" doesn't mean it has to throw all sense of style out the door.

This bag looks like a) it was made for a grade-school child (like those shiny PVC character backpacks) and b) the patent leather is really vinyl.

Kate Spade does lovely American classic designs, but not this one. Next time, Kate!
Oct 28, 2010, 11:24pm   #12
carterazo
viendo carteras
Good grief! Terrible!
Oct 29, 2010, 4:01pm   #13
k
katlun
Originally Posted by DiorDeVille
I'm so lusting after this bag but gambling that it will end up at 50 percent off on hautelook / gilt groupe / ruelala at some point....
you need to get on kate spade emails because they are always having sales with FS
Oct 29, 2010, 4:46pm   #14
lorihmatthews
A taste for the arts
OMG hilarious! I would totally use that bag. It is too pricey for a novelty bag, though.
Oct 30, 2010, 11:28am   #15
faith_ann
came back haunted
Quote:
Kate Spade knows the way to a writer?s heart ? through her handbag
Not with this bag.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >