Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Jimmy Choo Zebra Patent Hobo

POST A REPLY

Apr 8, 2010, 1:05pm   #1
PurseBlog.com
PurseBlog.com
Every time I see a patent hobo that’s supposed to slouch a bit in order to be wearable, I die a little bit inside. Why do designers keep doing this to us? Patent doesn’t slouch. That’s one of it’s innate qualities – it’s a structured, polished material for structured, polished bags.

I really like the maybe-tacky (shut up, I like tacky) effect of the burgundy zebra print on the Jimmy Choo Zebra Patent Hobo, but I can’t help but imagine that the stiff-looking handle would probably perch itself on my shoulder instead of molding to my arm, just like the body of the bag below it. As much as I try to make myself use bags like that because I enjoy them aesthetically, I just can’t do it.

Again, the color is totally to-die-for, and I think that a big, simple bag is the only way to properly show off the variation in the material. I would have preferred, however, that the bag was rendered as a tote – longer handles would take care of the need for the shoulder strap to bend and the body of the bag to sag. I like the shape of the bag as it is, but the combination of the shape and the material seem to be a bad idea. Buy through Nordstrom for $1295.

View the original post on PurseBlog.com!
Apr 8, 2010, 3:46pm   #2
B
Blackbirdie
I think I'd like it if it weren't for the zebra print.
Apr 8, 2010, 4:38pm   #3
NagaJolokia
Living Hard
The zebra print is well done here with the beautifully corresponding colors and its design, and I'm exactly into animal prints. Overall, with the shape, the bangle, and the print, I think the bag is kind of nice.
Apr 8, 2010, 4:43pm   #4
karo
I actually really like this bag!
Apr 8, 2010, 5:27pm   #5
h
hotshot
beyond awful...
Apr 8, 2010, 6:41pm   #6
sbelle
This just isn't my style, but it is a pretty bag
Apr 8, 2010, 7:44pm   #7
LV-PRADAfanatic
Built Hot for LV
yikes...
Apr 9, 2010, 8:46am   #8
Compass Rose
Opie, My Schmopie!!
Very memorable, in my opinion.
Apr 9, 2010, 11:27am   #9
D
DiorDeVille
Account Deactivated
Wow, I think this is the first time I've ever liked something with an animal print ...
Apr 9, 2010, 1:39pm   #10
Stophle
Loyal Browncoat
I've tried to like Jimmy Choo bags and so far just haven't been able to (aside from their initial foray into the bag world with the Mahala). The patent looks far too thick and stiff for my taste, the extra black leather on the handle looks out of place, and the bangle bracelet is a strange addition (I didn't like it on the Saba either).
Apr 10, 2010, 6:52pm   #11
k
karmenzsofia
Oh...wow...I'm hating this one. Sorry JC!
Apr 11, 2010, 5:41am   #12
noon
*Sun in my eyes*
I kinda like it but I wouldnt buy it.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >