Home Bags, Bags, Bags Blog Entries

I could fit my whole life inside the Reed Krakoff Uniform XL Satchel

POST A REPLY

Aug 15, 2012, 7:03am   #1
PurseBlog.com
And in order to own the above alligator version, I’d probably have to do that literally – rent payments would have to go toward a bag mortgage of some kind. (Feel free to make up your own joke about how New York City apartments are tiny anyway and insert it here.) The Reed Krakoff Alligator Uniform XL Satchel might be worth it, though, particularly if I can get an air conditioner installed in there. It’s certainly more stylish and luxurious than my current walk-up building, if perhaps less functional. Unfortunately, this bag rings up at a whopping $34,000. Plus tax, without air conditioning.

It surprised me a bit that this bag’s made out of alligator instead of crocodile. Crocs are generally larger, which means that their hides are usually used for larger bags; it’s downright rare these days to find an Hermes alligator bag of any significant size, and that’s largely true across luxury brands. The Row, notably, uses alligator for all of its large-lizard exotics, which probably accounts for some of their astronomical prices.

This bag outpaces the infamous The Row Alligator Backpack in both size AND price (the backpack’s eventual retail was $33,000), but somehow its price point feels a bit less shocking. Perhaps its because there’s not an pair of former child stars attached to it (although I respect the Olsen Twins’ line just about as much as I respect anyone’s these days), or maybe it’s just because plenty of bags in this price range have come out of the woodwork in the intervening year since The Row debuted its most expensive piece. This bag is beautiful, of course (that red gator!), but the price tag is on a whole ‘nother level. Even if the money wasn’t an object, could you fathom spending this much on a bag? Would you spend it on this one? Buy for $34,000 via Reed Krakoff.

The post I could fit my whole life inside the Reed Krakoff Uniform XL Satchel appeared first on PurseBlog - Designer Handbag News and Reviews.

View the original post on PurseBlog.com!
Aug 15, 2012, 7:26am   #2
h
This bag is quite spectacular...its quite an investment certainly not the way

Hermes bags are over period of time... but it is gorg...
Aug 15, 2012, 1:06pm   #3
Are you ready Steve?
I am sorry, but that is hideous

Maybe if it was all one color it might be more appealing
Aug 15, 2012, 1:45pm   #4
Bag Lady
Why would anyone pay $34K for a Celine Luggage knockoff?
Aug 15, 2012, 3:45pm   #5
a guy
I was thinking the same thing, vintage. RK seems to be making a new career of Celine knock-offs. I like skins, but there's just something not right with that bag that I can;t put my finger on. Often I say I would by it if you drop the last zero (lol) but not here.
Aug 15, 2012, 10:46pm   #6
I agree, the bag is...odd. Definitely not worth the money.
Aug 15, 2012, 11:34pm   #7
nyan nyan percent
Holy cow.. you could probably buy a life with that price tag !
Aug 16, 2012, 3:34am   #8
And, its measurements are H: 37.7" W: 16.7" D: 7". Who will carry that, and, how?
Aug 16, 2012, 5:56am   #9
b
If this bag was 1/3 of the size it might be a versatile and interesting bag, not at this size and price
Aug 16, 2012, 6:53am   #10
Sorry but, yuck.
Aug 16, 2012, 6:26pm   #11
p
Account Deactivated
Ugly bag.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Bags, Bags, Bags Blog Entries