Home > >

Dolce & Gabbana Eelskin Satchel

POST A REPLY

Jan 16, 2006, 12:41am   #1
Megs
I love bags
Quote:
Dolce & Gabbana Eelskin Satchel

No Noriko, it is not just you that doesn't have an eelskin bag. I would venture to say that most people can't say that they own an eelskin bag. But if you are in the market to get one, there is a bag that Noriko has found that you may very well like. The Dolce & Gabbana Eelskin Satchel is quite the audacious bag. Designed from exotic camel eelskin and accented with golden metal hardware, this bag is not for the conservative lady (or gent of course!). The bag closes with a top flap and a logo lock. While very simple looking from a glance, this bag is designed to grab attention from those around you. I love how the eelskin comes together in a nearly striped pattern. That crazy eel does not come cheap though; buy this bag via Neiman Marcus for $1875.
Kind of a sexy exotic, don't ya think?
Jan 16, 2006, 1:41am   #2
Z
Zippy
Oh dear, today is not my day for handbags, purses, clutchs', hobos', wallets, or any other form of necessary carrying-type bag. The color on this eelskin made my eyebrows rise to my forehead and my eyes pop open. The color is a zinger deluxe! I'll pass.
Jan 16, 2006, 2:16am   #3
Noriko
Account Deactivated
I am kind of digging it I really like the style of the bag as well.
Jan 16, 2006, 2:21am   #4
fendifemale
Speedys > men
OHHHHH I AM LOVING this one! Especially from D&G bcuzz they tend to be a lil over the top @ times.
Jan 16, 2006, 9:24am   #5
peacocky
Flaunt your Fringe
I wish it was green. I love eelskin. It's sooooo smooth. My grandmother had an old bag and shoes set from the 30's that was green eelskin and it was soooo cool.
Jan 16, 2006, 10:02am   #6
ayla
nyan nyan percent
It kind of looks like rolled up floorboards, I think this is one of those, have to see in person kind of deals !
Jan 16, 2006, 10:22am   #7
p
pursefetish
i have some really old eelskin wallet passed down from my mom and it is the smoothest thing, even after substantial wear and tear- i love how soft it is...this bag looks beautiful!
Jan 16, 2006, 10:25am   #8
pseub
Bonne vivante
Love the color! I'm a bit wary of eelskin though...I had an eelskin wallet many years ago and had to stop carrying it because it kept de-magenetizing my ATM card!
Jan 16, 2006, 11:02am   #9
fayden
latest obsession :
eelskin sounds cool, but i dunno about orange though.... does it come in other colors? haha.
Jan 16, 2006, 11:15am   #10
Megs
I love bags
^^ Not orange, camel!! But um yea the camel looks orange for sure.

Neiman's doesn't offer the bag in any other colors, but I bet some other colors would be cool!
Jan 17, 2006, 4:31am   #11
TheArtofAcquisition
Account Deactivated
How durable is eelskin? Is it not sturdy enough for everyday wear? And what is better? To spend $2,000 ish on a luxury skin bag like this or to get a trendsetting leather bag like the Fendi spy? After 5-10 years pass, won't the eel hold its value more?
Jan 17, 2006, 5:21am   #12
mello_yello_jen
Designated Shopaholic
It sort of reminds me of hardwood panels on a bag
Jan 17, 2006, 6:49am   #13
Cristina
I kind of like it. The color is cool.
Jan 17, 2006, 9:25am   #14
peacocky
Flaunt your Fringe
Originally Posted by TheArtofAcquisition
How durable is eelskin? Is it not sturdy enough for everyday wear? And what is better? To spend $2,000 ish on a luxury skin bag like this or to get a trendsetting leather bag like the Fendi spy? After 5-10 years pass, won't the eel hold its value more?
Eel skin is not as strong as leather. It's still very durable though. The Fendi Spy is more of a trendy bag so it will eventually lose it's value. The eel skin will be a classic bag due to it's color, shape, and type of skin. Eel is rather expensive and kind of hard to get ahold of.
Jan 17, 2006, 1:37pm   #15
SuLi
Originally Posted by ayla
It kind of looks like rolled up floorboards, I think this is one of those, have to see in person kind of deals !
I agree...first though was, "oh, my floor has been made into a handbag."
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >