Home Bags, Bags, Bags Blog Entries

Color me impressed, Cole Haan

POST A REPLY

Aug 15, 2012, 2:13pm   #1
PurseBlog.com
Cole Haan is one of those brands whose bags I’ve always wanted to like but never really have. They always seemed directed at a slightly older, slightly less fashion-conscious customer, and while that’s certainly fine, it never gave me or anyone I know much to get excited about. Most brands who find themselves in that categorization eventually try to break free from it, though, and it was only a matter of time until Cole Haan took the necessary steps.

Those efforts first became apparent with the brand’s subway-themed, colored-sole oxfords for both men and women, which came out last season, and now it looks like some of the handbags are getting a similar style upgrade. The Cole Haan Crosby Leather Tote struck me as being particularly restrained and aesthetically relevant. The sub-$400 price point only helps demonstrate exactly why I was so hopeful that Cole Haan would eventually get a slick, modern makeover.

The cobalt-and-black color scheme reminds me of a version of the Givenchy Antigona Tote that I adore, and the unfinished edges and minimal seaming and external embellishment (save for a luggage tag that feels current and modern) keeps the bag from looking like something you’d buy your aunt for Christmas. The brand’s price points are universally excellent, so if it can keep making simple, stylish, relevant-feeling bags like this tote, I’m going to be a very happy camper. Buy through Bloomingdale’s for $358.

The post Color me impressed, Cole Haan appeared first on PurseBlog - Designer Handbag News and Reviews.

View the original post on PurseBlog.com!
Aug 15, 2012, 3:47pm   #2
a guy
Like the bag, not sure about the two-tone. the black one on the jump is even nicer.
Aug 16, 2012, 6:27pm   #3
p
Account Deactivated
Not the best that i have seen from this designer.
Aug 16, 2012, 8:00pm   #4
It's a no for me
Aug 16, 2012, 8:56pm   #5
Like their shoes, not their bags.
Aug 17, 2012, 4:09am   #6
A big no from me!
Aug 17, 2012, 6:15am   #7
love me some bags!
I like that Raleigh Whipstitched hobo a lot.
As far as the bag at the top of this thread, I find I'm getting tired of that shape.
Aug 17, 2012, 2:51pm   #8
I really like this shade of blue
Aug 17, 2012, 7:55pm   #9
What the VEEP?
I'm a sucker for that blue and the leather looks nice.
Jun 21, 2013, 8:33pm   #10
Hi everyone! I am Gona bump this post. I absolutely love this bag..... I was wondering if anyone has it? What your opinion is? I am looking for a work bag so it needs to for my 15 inch MacBook along with my iPad, notebook, and lunch. Will that all fit?
Jun 22, 2013, 1:54pm   #11
D
Originally Posted by tanya1729
Hi everyone! I am Gona bump this post. I absolutely love this bag..... I was wondering if anyone has it? What your opinion is? I am looking for a work bag so it needs to for my 15 inch MacBook along with my iPad, notebook, and lunch. Will that all fit?
I have this bag in several colors, recommend you check a Cole Haan outlet for older colors and best prices. It is big enough to hold all the things you mention, although it may sag a bit with the weight. It's not a heavy, structured bag. It is very nice quality and mine are always stared at when I carry them. Fashionable alternative to a briefcase.
Jun 23, 2013, 6:52am   #12
Originally Posted by DiamondGirl1
I have this bag in several colors, recommend you check a Cole Haan outlet for older colors and best prices. It is big enough to hold all the things you mention, although it may sag a bit with the weight. It's not a heavy, structured bag. It is very nice quality and mine are always stared at when I carry them. Fashionable alternative to a briefcase.
Thank you for your response! I actually do have an outlet about 45 minutes from me so I think I will have to check that out. I am a bit worried about the bag being too slouchy for a laptop if I should go with a more sturdy style, I love this bag so regardless of if I get it as a work bag I need it in my collection!
Jun 23, 2013, 7:35am   #13
Easily Distracted!
Not for me
Jun 23, 2013, 8:55am   #14
D
Originally Posted by tanya1729
Thank you for your response! I actually do have an outlet about 45 minutes from me so I think I will have to check that out. I am a bit worried about the bag being too slouchy for a laptop if I should go with a more sturdy style, I love this bag so regardless of if I get it as a work bag I need it in my collection!
Take your laptop with you and see how it looks.... Also if you sign up for emails cole haan sends discounts now and then... By the way, even when loaded, the corners do fold over as shown. It is a nice bag.
Jun 23, 2013, 9:16am   #15
Originally Posted by DiamondGirl1
Take your laptop with you and see how it looks.... Also if you sign up for emails cole haan sends discounts now and then... By the way, even when loaded, the corners do fold over as shown. It is a nice bag.
Ohh that's great I will sign up for emails! Thanks for all the advice and I do love the corners folded 😊
POST A REPLY
  HOME Bags, Bags, Bags Blog Entries