POST A REPLY

Sep 20, 2012, 4:38pm   #1
A
I bought a NY satchel from bonanza about 2 weeks ago, listed as excellent condition and used only a few times.

I was shopping today, and when I went to close the push lock, it just came apart in my hand!

I emailed BE but will they repair it since I bought it from bonanza? And even if they will, I assume I have to pay to send the bag, and for the return postage (I'm in the US). That seems like it really add up.

It's been 2 weeks, is it worth it to bring it up to the seller?

Or is this the sort of thing that a cobbler can take care of cheaply/easily and I should just deal with it myself.

Here are some pictures. I don't know why the parts look so old/dirty. Is this normal?

Sep 21, 2012, 10:08am   #2
Sorry this happened for you! This shouldn't have!

Yes, I think BE will repair this for you..they have repaired some of my bags..but the postage will be on you..so this will be costly (:

Not the seller's problem per se, since you used the bag and accidents like this can happen..but try and write BE..perhaps they can send you a replacement, so you can have it fixed by your local cobbler?..or they might surprise you and repair for free
Oct 3, 2012, 1:52pm   #3
Originally Posted by Angela H
I bought a NY satchel from bonanza about 2 weeks ago, listed as excellent condition and used only a few times.

I was shopping today, and when I went to close the push lock, it just came apart in my hand!

I emailed BE but will they repair it since I bought it from bonanza? And even if they will, I assume I have to pay to send the bag, and for the return postage (I'm in the US). That seems like it really add up.

It's been 2 weeks, is it worth it to bring it up to the seller?

Or is this the sort of thing that a cobbler can take care of cheaply/easily and I should just deal with it myself.

Here are some pictures. I don't know why the parts look so old/dirty. Is this normal?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...ps04368ffd.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...ps75e6bc86.jpg

so..did you get it repaired?
POST A REPLY
  HOME Contemporary Designers More Contemporary Designers Belen Echandia