Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > > >

Reveal - oak copenhagen backpack!

POST A REPLY

May 22, 2012, 7:03pm   #1
a
annvaldivia
First off, I love the city of Copenhagen - It is one of my favorite places in the world :) Couple that with yearning for a leather backpack for about a solid decade now with my love of BE bags, and add a sale - deal!

The leather is chewy and just begging to be broken in and the size seems generous without being too big. I have yet to fill her up and see how she wears on the shoulders but I plan to do so soon!
Attached Images

May 22, 2012, 7:09pm   #2
a
annvaldivia
A few more.

Name:  image-414751456.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  409.6 KB

This shot was after many tries!

Name:  image-2676384376.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  538.3 KB

To open the lock, you just squeeze in the two knobs - very easy. Although there is a keyhole, it's a "faux" keyhole so don't expect a key but I would want a key anyway. I envision this as a great bag for tooling around cities, walking around with the boys and shopping, and of course, flying on board with me to/from Copenhagen :) love, love, love anything that is hands free!

The leather is a little stiffer than how the black velvet matte started out when I first received my Barcelona. But that has broken in beautifully!! I need to get some leather honey for both bags as well :)
Attached Images

May 22, 2012, 7:54pm   #3
nunnla
Bonafide Bag Hag
Very Pretty. Don't see what you mean about the plating on the lock. It appears to be like mine (Rio and Florence).
May 22, 2012, 8:25pm   #4
bonniekir
Yes, Copenhagen is a lovely city..all almost in walking range
And..you got the Copenhagen..so it was you also considering the Grey, which I recieved ..I have also been pestering Jackie about tha backpack for a while now!

I think your brown looks chewy and lovely..what leather was this?

I could not open the lock at first..OMG I felt silly, but on the other hand it would take thieving fingers a while to figure it out as well..LOL!

So how do you feel about the pockets? Will it be strange to have the zippered pockets a la Cannes placed on the bag?
May 22, 2012, 8:26pm   #5
a
annvaldivia
It's the little faux keyhole, right in the center of the middle bulb - mine is the dark metal with no plating inside. On the website, this looked to be all gold, but apparently it is not. Not a deal breaker, but initially I thought the lock was broken!
May 22, 2012, 8:41pm   #6
bonniekir
I read your response re the pockets on your Cannes thread, and my initial thought was that ..perhaps some larger zippered pockets may add a bit sleeker look to the model..as well as being practical!

I've only used my Copenhagen once, and will post pictures soon!
May 25, 2012, 2:28pm   #7
a
annvaldivia
Finally wearing her today and sooo liking it! I'm traveling to Copenhagen next month and cannot wait to take her!
Attached Images

May 26, 2012, 10:37am   #8
Odebdo
Luv my labs!
Gorgeous bag...enjoy!
May 29, 2012, 9:00pm   #9
g
gack
she looks fantastic, I even love her hand held, safe travels!!!
May 30, 2012, 5:10am   #10
VanBod1525
I really want to see this when it is all broken in and smooshy.
May 30, 2012, 11:12am   #11
a
annvaldivia
Me too!! I can't wait to put some Leather Honey on her also, to soften the leather and deepen the color, which is growing on me :)
May 31, 2012, 9:50pm   #12
Hermeneutics
It's a beautiful bag, and leather- the stitching detail is gorgeous.
Jul 10, 2012, 12:00am   #13
hildie
Just drooling over her! Love this leather and the bag looks so yummy!
Aug 6, 2012, 1:47am   #14
bonniekir
I have now used my Copenhagen and it's so pleasant to walk with handsfree. It's light to carry and easy to get the stuff in and out..but I would still prefer zipper back pockets!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > > >