Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > > >

Kinda silly question-help with tan matte please!

POST A REPLY

Feb 27, 2010, 2:17am   #1
glamourgirlpink
So...I've been thinking more and more about a bag for summer and I keep coming back to the tan matte...this is going to sound totally crazy but I've never had anything tan before-shock!! If I wear a lot of dark clothes (lots of black and darker washed jeans) then would I be able to get good use out of a tan bag? What colors does tan look the best with?

Thanks in advance for the advice!!
Feb 27, 2010, 8:51am   #2
iluvhandbags
I had a lot of trouble with tan matte and denim transfer. Even with jeans that I had worn and washed a bunch of times. If you like dark denim - be warned!! Or, pick a sytle that hangs up high enough that it won't rub your denim. It is a pretty summer color though!
Feb 27, 2010, 8:54am   #3
*suzi*
Tan is my favorite BE leather for spring and summer. It is totally neutral and looks great with just about every color. I have not had an issue with color transfer, but only because I tend to just carry my bags.
Feb 27, 2010, 9:24am   #4
VanBod1525
Tan looks amazing with dark jeans and a white shirt or with the summer neutrals of khaki, stone and white. Black and tan is a classic combo too. I love my Tan Matte Hold Me!
Feb 27, 2010, 9:35am   #5
merika
Wol
Originally Posted by glamourgirlpink
So...I've been thinking more and more about a bag for summer and I keep coming back to the tan matte...this is going to sound totally crazy but I've never had anything tan before-shock!! If I wear a lot of dark clothes (lots of black and darker washed jeans) then would I be able to get good use out of a tan bag? What colors does tan look the best with?

Thanks in advance for the advice!!
Tan looks good with just about anything. There was picture of me wearing a black shirt and a tan adore me somewhere on here but I can't seem to find it anymore.
Feb 27, 2010, 9:47am   #6
slsk
pastry chef / sniper
I think tan looks great with anything, too.

In fact, this pic has made me start thinking about a tan bag:

Feb 27, 2010, 10:07am   #7
LoveHandbags!
~adore~
Great example in that picture, slsk, Reese looks fabulous, I just love her.

I think Tan Matte is one of the ultimate classics.
Feb 27, 2010, 3:46pm   #8
Contessa
Having 5 Tan bags, I'm a tad biased.

You can't go wrong with Tan!
Feb 27, 2010, 11:34pm   #9
risingsun
I have a matte tan SMM. The leather is beautiful and it goes with everything!
Feb 27, 2010, 11:38pm   #10
carterazo
viendo carteras
Tan is a year - round classic that goes with pretty much everything.
Mar 3, 2010, 12:49am   #11
glamourgirlpink
Thanks for the feedback! But now I'm craving something pebbled glossy in another Hug Me or an Adore Me...gosh this never ends!
Mar 3, 2010, 3:19am   #12
peppy
I have a tan WTM and to my absolute surprise that is my FAVOURITE ever! I got it at a sale, and I love it way more than all my other BEC'd ones. The leather and the color is just gorgeous, and the leather has developed a very nice patina/slight sheen after some use, love it! I don't have any problems with color transfer with dark denim tho. I'm always tempted to get another something in tan matte
Mar 3, 2010, 7:24am   #13
finzup
Easily tempted
does the tan matte develop a patina over time?
(believe it or not, I have what seems like a gagillion BE's and I have never owned matte tan)
Mar 3, 2010, 8:05am   #14
hildie
Originally Posted by Contessa
Having 5 Tan bags, I'm a tad biased.

You can't go wrong with Tan!
LOL! Too funny!
Mar 3, 2010, 12:08pm   #15
Contessa
Originally Posted by finzup
does the tan matte develop a patina over time?
(believe it or not, I have what seems like a gagillion BE's and I have never owned matte tan)
My Tan WTM has developed a slight sheen.....don't know if it qualifies as a patina, but it's very smooth, soft, and silky.

How about an EM in matte tan????!!!!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > > >