Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

some people really lack class! how do you deal?

POST A REPLY

Feb 8, 2007, 9:58am   #46
twinkle.tink
Choose to be happy
Originally Posted by seahorseinstripes
OMG!!! they're soooo rude
ITA, I would ignore them....as they obviously don't know what they're talking about...lol.
Feb 8, 2007, 10:02am   #47
c
compulsivepurse
This is when I generally get p'o'ed and say something along the lines of, "Boy, aren't you a rude twit." Or look at them like they're nuts.

Try to practice what you say next time.

Also, steer clear of these people altogether. Get new friends if you have to. These people aren't even worth your time of day.

These women also should not reproduce.
Feb 8, 2007, 11:11am   #48
luckycharm06
Old School Member
Ewwww She went through your bag?? How you ever controlled your temper is beyond me! I would tell her MIND YOUR OWN BEEZWAX, AMATEUR!!
Feb 8, 2007, 2:03pm   #49
swee7bebe
Sofa King Addicted
Originally Posted by powderpuff100
Yes, me too.

Write it down for her. B A L E N C I A G A. Give her the style and the phone number to Balenciaga NY and tell her to give them a call and ask how much their PLEATHER bags are. The next day ask her what they said.
That's what I would have done...LOL. How rude of her to look through your bag without even asking you. Aarti, you handled the situation much better than I would have...
Feb 8, 2007, 2:22pm   #50
SiljeEmilienne
Loving member
Outrageous!! I would be furious!!! Who in their right mind would do that anyway?? I would have done excactly what you did, I think you handled it perfectly!!
Feb 8, 2007, 2:30pm   #51
bearkeeper
omg! are you close friends with these people??! i'm sorry they gave you a hard time. it's just beyond rude to GO THROUGH your bag like that!!! i wouldn't even do that on my sister's or my mom's bag!
Feb 8, 2007, 2:48pm   #52
katgrrrl
That was too rude for words!!!!!!!!!!! The chick who was talkin' about "pleather, pleather..." was prolly just jealous. That whole story is so disgusting... You need some new "friends". The ones ya got now suck!
Feb 8, 2007, 5:23pm   #53
aarti
T&co state of mind..
^^Thanks all for making me feel better! I felt like I should have defended myself more, but didn't know how without me looking like the snob. Lord no! No way near close friends, just people who are conviently there holding a table before everywhere gets crowded.

It was two women though, one who was screaming pleather, and the other who first thought my bag was nice and then went to sort through it. As if one wouldn't have been enough! I've only heard about stories like this, but never had one thrown into my face like that. I would love to stick it to her to make sure she knows I have the real thing, but then that would just cheapen the bag, the brand, and myself. So she can stick with her cheap attitude and belongings, thinking she ruined it for me, while I can still hold my head high.

And now I know never to leave my baby alone!
Sep 8, 2008, 6:26pm   #54
fleur-de-lis
❤ Le Chanelphile ❤
Okay, I'm using my Rubisse City for college now because she's really easy to handle and has a huge amount of space to put my knick-knacks. To add a bit of spice to my Bal I hung some personalized fobs from a Japanese toy factory that produces limited edition collectibles. This woman (she's older than the average college student) in class came up to me and the first thing she asked was, "It's not real, is it." (Note that her tone was totally not a questioning one but an affirmative one!!) I was a little taken aback but I told her it was real; I got it from Neiman's, and I collect authentic bags. She looked at me and went, "Oh. Yeah, right..." I was pretty miffed! Then she goes on to say a couple of bad things about Chanel (which I might add in the Chanel sub-forum, how rude!!) and how she collects Givenchy bags. I'm like, "Givenchy is so yesterday! The Nightingale is such a boring design" 'cos I was really pissed off (sorry Nightingale fans out there I just needed to say something!). To my (not completely utter) surprise she doesn't know what I'm talking about - talk about a show-off who doesn't know her stuff!

I'm sorry for the rant but I just need to type this down! Have you Bal ladies ever met similarly obnoxious people?
Sep 8, 2008, 6:30pm   #55
BurberryLvr
Doting on DS & DD
Yipes - what a nasty woman!! She needs a bagslap - jk!

I haven't had any run-ins but it sounds like you handled it well!
Sep 8, 2008, 6:32pm   #56
mtview
OMG, what a biatch Don't mind her...she probably has bag envy...
Sep 8, 2008, 7:43pm   #57
fleur-de-lis
❤ Le Chanelphile ❤
Okay, I'm using my Rubisse City for college now because she's really easy to handle and has a huge amount of space to put my knick-knacks. To add a bit of spice to my Bal I hung some personalized fobs from a Japanese toy factory that produces limited edition collectibles. This woman (she's older than the average college student) in class came up to me and the first thing she asked was, "It's not real, is it." (Note that her tone was totally not a questioning one but an affirmative one!!) I was a little taken aback but I told her it was real; I got it from Neiman's, and I collect authentic bags. She looked at me and went, "Oh. Yeah, right..." I was pretty miffed! Then she goes on to say a couple of bad things about Chanel (which I might add in a different thread in the Chanel sub-forum, how rude!!) and how she collects Givenchy bags. I'm like, "But the Nightingale is such a dull design" 'cos I was really pissed off (sorry Nightingale fans out there I just needed to say something!). To my (not completely utter) surprise she doesn't know what I'm talking about - talk about a show-off who doesn't know what to show off!

I'm sorry for the rant but I just need to type this down! Have you Bal ladies ever met similarly obnoxious people?
Sep 8, 2008, 7:46pm   #58
willowsmom
OMFG - really? I can't believe someone would actually do that! Honestly, I have so much to say that I don't even know what to say or where to start, KWIM?
Sep 8, 2008, 7:54pm   #59
c
cutiek1t
Good for you, next time if you happen to run into her carry your baby proudly and smile. I can't stand people like that.
Sep 8, 2008, 7:58pm   #60
willowsmom
Originally Posted by powderpuff100
Yes, me too.

Write it down for her. B A L E N C I A G A. Give her the style and the phone number to Balenciaga NY and tell her to give them a call and ask how much their PLEATHER bags are. The next day ask her what they said.

Also speechless (what's with the insults today?)...but you absolutely need to do this.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >