Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Silver vs pewter? or are they the same?

POST A REPLY

Jun 9, 2006, 7:44pm   #1
v
varsha624
I hear people talk of silver hardware and pewter hardware (and of course brass) Are silver and pewter the same in balenciaga land? It occured to me that I've never seen pure silver hardware on a bbag...it's pewter..right??
Jun 9, 2006, 7:48pm   #2
m
mocean
there is shiny silver hardware (like on the new pony bags) and pewter hardware (like on pre-04 bags)- pewter is more dulled silver, darker.

there is also hardware that matches the color of the bags like on the metallics from 05 (metallic magenta, orange, red) and hardware that is rhinestones (calcaire/rose/white pony 05)
Last edited Jun 9, 2006 at 7:51pm.
Jun 9, 2006, 7:50pm   #3
v
varsha624
Originally Posted by mocean
there is shiny silver hardware (like on the new pony bags) and pewter hardware (like on pre-04 bags)- pewter is more dulled silver, darker.

there is also hardware that matches the color of the bags like on the metallics from 05 (metallic magenta, orange, red)
Oh interesting! Thanks Mocean...so i've been calling pewter silver all this time...the pewter is what I love
Jun 9, 2006, 7:52pm   #4
m
mocean
me too! me too...
Jun 9, 2006, 7:54pm   #5
mimz
heart belongs to BAL
Originally Posted by varsha624
Oh interesting! Thanks Mocean...so i've been calling pewter silver all this time...the pewter is what I love
I do the same, I'll try to break from that habit.
Jun 9, 2006, 8:03pm   #6
v
varsha624
^^ me too! pardon the cliche, but it's a hard habit to break (so are bbags! not that I've tried very hard.....<hehe>)
Jun 9, 2006, 8:30pm   #7
chidzuyo
Wow, it'll be great if pics are posted! I 'd love to see the different hardware.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >