Up to 50% Off Big Brown Bag Sale

ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

2012 Violet color

POST A REPLY

Dec 26, 2011, 10:11am   #16
sandysandiego
Can anybody describe how this new Violet compares with 07 Violet?
Dec 26, 2011, 11:07am   #17
Swissflower
Novalie, you are from Switzerland, where abouts?
I am from Berne, the capitol city.
Love the purple color really a lot, but the leather is on the dry side, should I keep her or ask for another
one?
Will post pics soon.
Dec 26, 2011, 11:08am   #18
Swissflower
Hello Ruiruiwinter, nice pics, that`s how the violet really looks like.
I was hoping for a darker violet though.
Dec 26, 2011, 2:14pm   #19
imlvholic
OMG!!! This is gorgeous! I'm in NY right now, must drop by & check it out! They must just have them in bec they didn't have it a week ago. Thanks for the intel Ceejay & Rui for sharing the pics.
Dec 26, 2011, 2:31pm   #20
CeeJay
A BAL-enced Life!
Originally Posted by sandysandiego
Can anybody describe how this new Violet compares with 07 Violet?
The '07 Violet was more "plummy"; this has more red undertones .. but the color is nicely saturated, so it's definitely more intense than Raisin.
Dec 26, 2011, 2:34pm   #21
CeeJay
A BAL-enced Life!
I would say that the first pic that *ruirui* posted is the most accurate. It's a dark/lush purple.
Dec 26, 2011, 7:06pm   #22
pixiejenna
Originally Posted by RUIRUIWINTER
MERRY CHRISTMAS

PICS ARE FROM TAOBAO.COM

Thanks for posting these pics ruirui! I might have to get a SGL in this color!
Dec 26, 2011, 8:11pm   #23
REREsaurus
Leather brrraaiined.
This is just stunning! In fact, this is almost exactly how my Blue Lavendar PT looks IRL but doesn't pick up in photos. Man oh man I think I may need to grab at least a wallet or something in this color. Thanks for posting these for us to drool over.
Originally Posted by RUIRUIWINTER
MERRY CHRISTMAS

PICS ARE FROM TAOBAO.COM

Dec 26, 2011, 10:12pm   #24
imlvholic
I went to Barney & it's the deep purple that caught my eye while i was approaching the new Bal display counter. So so gorgeous! I may have to wait till i get back to Hawaii & buy it from NM instead. I think i like it more than the Raisin, i wish they have it w/ the Giant RGH. It would stand out more on a City. I may have to settle on another RH bec the mini RG looks too small, i don't think it's worth the price.
Dec 27, 2011, 9:04am   #25
sandysandiego
THank you for the comparison! I like the 07 Violet and am thinking of replacing it with the new Violet. I do prefer purples with more red.

Originally Posted by CeeJay
The '07 Violet was more "plummy"; this has more red undertones .. but the color is nicely saturated, so it's definitely more intense than Raisin.
Dec 27, 2011, 9:40am   #26
bag'hem all
Cartier Love!
I know a lot of us have been speculating about the Dark Violet so I thought I'd put one of the Dark Violet pic side by side with whatever Violet Bbags I have. My pics were taken under natural lighting while the Dark Violet pic might have been taken indoors, so IRL it may still differ... here goes.

Judging from the pictures it looks like a cross breed between the Sapphire and the Eggplant not as bright as the Violet? I'm no expert. You guys be the judge
Attached Images

Dec 27, 2011, 10:59am   #27
saira1214
Originally Posted by bag'hem all
I know a lot of us have been speculating about the Dark Violet so I thought I'd put one of the Dark Violet pic side by side with whatever Violet Bbags I have. My pics were taken under natural lighting while the Dark Violet pic might have been taken indoors, so IRL it may still differ... here goes.

Judging from the pictures it looks like a cross breed between the Sapphire and the Eggplant not as bright as the Violet? I'm no expert. You guys be the judge

Great pic, thanks!! I agree, it is very similar to eggplant and Sapphire. To me it seem to lean more towards eggplant.
Dec 27, 2011, 12:15pm   #28
Swissflower
deleted wrong pic
Last edited Dec 27, 2011 at 12:17pm. Reason: wrong pic
Dec 27, 2011, 12:21pm   #29
Swissflower
wrong link
Last edited Dec 27, 2011 at 12:23pm. Reason: wrong link
Dec 27, 2011, 12:25pm   #30
Swissflower
Finally the pic I wanted
Attached Images