Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
POST A REPLY

Sep 2, 2008, 3:01am   #136
tofuchan
<3 bal accessories!
Originally Posted by rosyposie
after collecting far to many citys i have now fallen in love with the works!! they rock!
we are swapping i think HAHAHA..i've collected cities, fallen for works, and now am falling back in love with the city =) we should have a bag borrowing system LOL!
Sep 2, 2008, 6:24am   #137
drati
by the sea
Originally Posted by fiatflux
Yes, please do!!
Here you go. I carry my usual stuff in the part time in these pics (large wallet, MU, CP, cell phone, keys, sunnies etc), not stuffed but not empty either. The camel pt is new and still a bit stiff, the vert thyme and black are soft and slouchy already.

Oct 17, 2009, 10:14am   #138
chrunchy
I have a question about the mirror of the city and the work .
Are they the same or is there any difference?

Thank you!
Oct 22, 2009, 2:32am   #139
t
tweeny
Hi girls.. I have just received my work bag today, and i found my Work GGH bag is lighter than my City GGH. They are both from 2007.
I do admit that my work leather is thinner compare to my city.. but is it only the matter of the leather thickness?
Oct 22, 2009, 2:44am   #140
beauxgoris
^^I've never felt a work that was lighter than a city bag (if they both have the same HW) so that's odd.
Oct 22, 2009, 2:56am   #141
roey
I definitely think the giant city is heavier than the giant work due to the extra hardware (strap and hardware) and bunny ears (extended zippers). My giant cities feel very substantial in comparison to my giant work despite the difference in size.
Oct 22, 2009, 3:43am   #142
w
whitelamb
my work GSH is lighter than my City GSH...
now i understand why they took the feet off PTs... (which is a sad thing, love those feet)
Oct 22, 2009, 5:53am   #143
t
tweeny
Hm.. I see..
i guess the strap gives extra weight to the City..
anyway, i looovvvee work.. it fits me the best.
I'm a big bag girl so i don't see work is that big
And bag organizer really do it's job to help me organize things that i carried. So i don't have any trouble getting my keys out of my bag

here's the pic..

Jan 20, 2012, 1:35pm   #144
s
shoppinggirl2
I too am having a horrible time deciding on my first b bag. I have been looking at the city, maxi twiggy, parttime, and work styles. I like the RH the best. The maxi twiggy and the work seem to be the easiest to get in and out of because of the single zipper pull. I have two small children and I am actually carrying the LV speedy30 right now. I would like my new b bag to be a little larger than that and the have the versatility of being worn on the shoulder. I also love the slouchy look that the city takes on after wearing it for awhile. I have been back an forth with this decision for the past month, and I would love some advice from someone who owns these styles. Thanks!
Mar 13, 2012, 6:35am   #145
Honeylicious
Bags & Sushi
*sigh* I've a Work and a Velo.. but now I'm longing to get a black City since I don't have a black bag now.. I just dunno if a City is too similar in size with the Velo (and my Velo is light color). I just like how the City can be worn on the shoulder with the shorter strap. I don't really wear my Velo cross-body style unless I travel. It's difficult to wear the Work on the shoulder too since both handles don't seem to stay on and it seems bit too big for everyday use when I don't have appointments
don't get me wrong, I love both bags very much... just.. it's never enough with Bal, you know
Apr 20, 2012, 9:47pm   #146
C
Cq1027
i like city. I think it more classic though the styles are really similar
May 26, 2012, 4:13pm   #147
m
melovebags
I think they are about the same size as far as the handles are concerned but I prefer the work because it is bigger. To me the work and part time aren't that different and the part time comes with the detachable leather strap and is way bigger than the city
May 26, 2012, 4:16pm   #148
m
melovebags
Originally Posted by tweeny
Hm.. I see..
i guess the strap gives extra weight to the City..
anyway, i looovvvee work.. it fits me the best.
I'm a big bag girl so i don't see work is that big
And bag organizer really do it's job to help me organize things that i carried. So i don't have any trouble getting my keys out of my bag

here's the pic..

I have to agree, I am a huge fan of big bags too I got rid of my city just one month after buying it because it was too small for my taste. I'm totally in love with my part time....sooooo big
May 28, 2012, 10:50am   #149
Honeylicious
Bags & Sushi
Just chiming in..
Attached Images

Nov 2, 2012, 7:35pm   #150
q
qwerty234
Effen Haute!
Just adding some more comparison to the thread - a video showing the differences between the Balenciaga city and work bags. I think it is easier than photos.

POST A REPLY
  HOME > > >