ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > > >

Bal moto jackets pics & chat

POST A REPLY

Dec 24, 2013, 11:21am   #1
Addy
The Odd Mod
Continued from the previous thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciag...at-824019.html

Please stay on topic in this thread

There is a general chat you can use for off-topic chat: http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciag...om-574367.html
Dec 24, 2013, 12:18pm   #2
joluciodasilva
Jo
New thread :-)

Wore Marine out a few days ago. I'm still so undecided about this jacket since being so tempted by outremer and all the various navy jackets out there. The leather is now super soft and wrinkly, and I do love being able to layer a hoodie underneath. But there's just something about the colour in some lights that's a bit... milky?! I wore her out because I was feeling guilty for neglecting her, but I'm not really feeling the love these days.

I would miss the relaxed fit of the 40 though. Beginning to wonder whether I should have sized up with Cypress so that I could layer a bit more.

I've noticed that 38 Cypress is shorter in the body than my 38 Choc too...
Attached Images

Dec 24, 2013, 1:20pm   #3
C
Catsandbags
Originally Posted by joluciodasilva

Wore Marine out a few days ago. I'm still so undecided about this jacket since being so tempted by outremer and all the various navy jackets out there. The leather is now super soft and wrinkly, and I do love being able to layer a hoodie underneath. But there's just something about the colour in some lights that's a bit... milky?! I wore her out because I was feeling guilty for neglecting her, but I'm not really feeling the love these days.

I would miss the relaxed fit of the 40 though. Beginning to wonder whether I should have sized up with Cypress so that I could layer a bit more.

I love this jacket but I would say the color is a little flatter/subdued than outremer. I personally think its easy to coordinate outfits with a color like that.
Dec 24, 2013, 2:05pm   #4
JDN

Gorgeous!! :) how strange that cypress seems shorter in the body....i don't recall thinking that when I tried it on in the store yesterday....
Dec 24, 2013, 2:33pm   #5
green.bee

I like the Marine on you it flatters your complexion and it is easy to wear. What is the difference between Marine and Outremer color wise?
Dec 24, 2013, 3:38pm   #6
Harper Quinn

it looks great on you i think. i don't have the outremer to compare but this looks great on you.
Dec 24, 2013, 3:39pm   #7
Harper Quinn
meregirl-thank you for your kind words. the sleeve length hasn't been altered but they were tightened so maybe thay makes a difference?
happy christmas to you all!
Dec 24, 2013, 3:49pm   #8
justpeachy4397

Love the relaxed fit (and how motos look layered over goodies!). I see what you mean about the "milky" look but still think she is beautiful. If you're not feeling the love, though, best to let her go and get another HG!
Dec 24, 2013, 4:12pm   #9
mere girl
Originally Posted by Harper Quinn
meregirl-thank you for your kind words. the sleeve length hasn't been altered but they were tightened so maybe thay makes a difference?
happy christmas to you all!
Well the sleeves do look great!!

Yes a very merry Christmas to you all from the snowy French Alps!
Dec 24, 2013, 5:01pm   #10
jmcadon
Jimmy Choo lover

I love this color on you and love that it has the black zips!
Dec 24, 2013, 5:53pm   #11
gagabag
Love, love it on you jo! Leather is sooo yummy! Would like to know how is the colour compared to outremer too!
Dec 24, 2013, 7:00pm   #12
joluciodasilva
Jo
Originally Posted by Catsandbags
I love this jacket but I would say the color is a little flatter/subdued than outremer. I personally think its easy to coordinate outfits with a color like that.
I agree, it is 'flatter'. It is easy to coordinate too, but feels a bit 'meh'. I sort of wish the colour were just a bit stronger.

Originally Posted by JDN
Gorgeous!! :) how strange that cypress seems shorter in the body....i don't recall thinking that when I tried it on in the store yesterday....
It may well be that choc is just a bit longer? I should get my tape measure out!

Originally Posted by Harper Quinn
it looks great on you i think. i don't have the outremer to compare but this looks great on you.
Thank you x

Originally Posted by justpeachy4397
Love the relaxed fit (and how motos look layered over goodies!). I see what you mean about the "milky" look but still think she is beautiful. If you're not feeling the love, though, best to let her go and get another HG!
Yes... I think in the new year I'll have a good think about my moto family!
Dec 24, 2013, 7:03pm   #13
joluciodasilva
Jo
Originally Posted by gagabag
Love, love it on you jo! Leather is sooo yummy! Would like to know how is the colour compared to outremer too!
Originally Posted by jmcadon
I love this color on you and love that it has the black zips!
Originally Posted by green.bee
I like the Marine on you it flatters your complexion and it is easy to wear. What is the difference between Marine and Outremer color wise?
Thanks Ladies. I saved these pics from JDN and Meg. I originally bought marine because I was after a jacket that looked like courtney cox's (08 Navy, just like drati's!) and at the time marine was the closest I could find! But it is just much too light really.
Attached Images

Dec 24, 2013, 7:20pm   #14
Suzie

It looks gorgeous on you.
Dec 24, 2013, 7:33pm   #15
green.bee
Thanks Ladies. I saved these pics from JDN and Meg. I originally bought marine because I was after a jacket that looked like courtney cox's (08 Navy, just like drati's!) and at the time marine was the closest I could find! But it is just much too light really.
OK, so the outremer is more saturated and has silver zips.
Thank you for the pictures.

ETA: I still like the marine though.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > > >