Home Premier Designers Balenciaga Balenciaga Clubhouse

Bal moto jackets pics & chat


POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Mar 4, 2014, 6:03pm   #3346
JDN's Avatar
JDN
Member
Originally Posted by nikip01
Any of you who have the Ash colored jacket or have seen it, can you describe it to me. I'm thinking about it but I'm curiouse about the color. Is it more brown or gray? On HGBags it looks more gray but in other pictures I've seen it looks more brown. Please help ASAP as it's Fat Tuesday and my last day to shop because I'm giving up shopping for Lent so as of Midnight, no more shopping until Easter. Thanks for your help.

I'd say it's more brown than gray

Name:  ImageUploadedByPurseForum1393977801.313611.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  680.5 KB

I've posted this pic before....but here is a comparison of asphalt, ash and safari...hth
Mar 4, 2014, 6:24pm   #3347
luv2run41's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by JDN
I'd say it's more brown than gray

Attachment 2530449

I've posted this pic before....but here is a comparison of asphalt, ash and safari...hth


Gorgeous!! I tried to send you a pm but your box is full:( I had a question about cranberry.
Mar 4, 2014, 6:54pm   #3348
JDN's Avatar
JDN
Member
Originally Posted by luv2run41
Gorgeous!! I tried to send you a pm but your box is full:( I had a question about cranberry.

Clear!!! :)
Mar 4, 2014, 8:06pm   #3349
susieserb's Avatar
Susie
Originally Posted by megt10
This was the only time that I wore my moto. Beau got attacked by a Pitbull yesterday when I was walking him and Misha. It was the scariest thing ever. My neighbor had been fostering the dog. She had it across the street on a leash, and I had Misha and Beau on two separate leashes, thank God. I normally have them on a dual leash. Yesterday was the first time that I did separate leashes, and I only did that because Misha has a new habit of chasing cars as they pass. So I needed more control which you don't get with a dual leash. Anyway the dog broke free raced across the street and jumped on Beau. I pulled Misha up by the leash and got him in my arms but was unable to protect both dogs. My neighbor ran across the street and jumped on the Pitbull. Beau was able to slip his collar, and he ran all the way home. I thought he was ok at first but then I felt a lump and took him to the vet where she found a puncture wound. Here is the pic of us waiting for them to get his antibiotics and pain meds. Also, a huge thank you to JP who kept me company via text while I was at the vet. It was a great moral support.
I ran across your post. What happened to your Beau was so similar to my Rufus (avatar). I had both Poms en route to a dog park, we were in a car and making our way to the entrance. A huge dog was defending his Pom companion (weird right) broke free from the owner and ran towards Rufus with teeth flashing. Rufus too was yanked up into the air before a muzzle could adequately chomp down.

Walking little dogs is highly challenging. Were you wearing a moto? The one in the pic?
Mar 4, 2014, 8:13pm   #3350
pbdb's Avatar
Member
Just happy you're Ok and that your babies are Ok too. It could have been worse but fortunately, it wasn't.

Thank God.
Take care Meg!!
Mar 4, 2014, 10:27pm   #3351
megt10's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by Catsandbags
oh meg! I'm so sorry. This happened to my dogs when I was in high school. They were on our front porch. Pitbull down the street got loose and attacked them. It was very scary and it was touch and go with them as he got one of my dogs by the throat. thank goodness for emergency vets right? many hugs and kisses to little Beau. I hope you all feel better soon.
Thank you Cats! Right about the emergency vet. We go to VCA as our regular vet. We love them open 24 hrs everyday. Things like this always happen on weekends or at night when regular vets are closed. We wanted a vet clinic that always would know us when we came in with our babies. Sure enough most of our visits have been on the weekend.
That is so scary to hear that your dogs were attacked on their own property by a pitbull. Shows you can never be too careful.
Originally Posted by Catsandbags
It is a pre-owned scarf with teddy bears on it. My boyfriend tried to call the shop to get it as a gift, I am not sure if he was able to get it. I hope so because- well teddy bears!
I love that scarf. I hope you get it! If you don't let me know and I will keep an eye out for you.
Originally Posted by Catsandbags
they are quite powerful dogs but i have met some amazingly sweet ones as well. they are very loyal and protective. Unfortunately If they aren't trained or if they are abused things like this happen :(
This Pit was probably dumped in our neighborhood. She didn't have it long enough to know anything about it. I am glad it's gone. Ran into a coyote this morning with Nick. He was on the smallish side and honestly they scare me less than some of the big dogs from the neighborhood with owners that don't know what they are doing. There is no such thing as a bad dog just bad owners. Nick btw knew enough not to bark at it.
Mar 4, 2014, 10:31pm   #3352
megt10's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by tb-purselover
I am glad she is paying your vet bill and she sounds genuinely upset this happened to Beau. I hope he mends very soon and is able to get over such a traumatic situation.

Wow, fostering three dogs at once. That takes a lot of time. But, I am sure she must have known that the pit bull was aggressive. She must have. It is sad to hear the pit bull is probably going to be put down. But, if she is dangerous there is no telling what could happen. Sad, but better safe.

I am just sorry that dogs like this get aggressive due to with irresponsible people. Then the dog ends up paying for it.
She has 3 dogs and was fostering this 4th dog. She was keeping it in the atrium which many of the houses here have on the interior. We used most of our atrium space to expand the master bath. My guess is that she had some idea the pit was dog aggressive. Otherwise she would have let it in the house with her other dogs.
Mar 4, 2014, 10:33pm   #3353
megt10's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by justpeachy4397
Meg- so sorry to hear about beau. That is terrifying. Glad you and misha are ok. I don't know what I would have done in that situation. So scary.

As requested, here is a pic of the new addition to our family. We took photos last week and the digital proofs are in :)Attachment 2529100
I swear I think that she is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. Wow, you could put that child in baby formula commercials. Congratulations on your angelic looking little girl.
Mar 4, 2014, 10:41pm   #3354
megt10's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by justpeachy4397
Meg- so sorry to hear about beau. That is terrifying. Glad you and misha are ok. I don't know what I would have done in that situation. So scary.

As requested, here is a pic of the new addition to our family. We took photos last week and the digital proofs are in :)Attachment 2529100

Originally Posted by jp_536
Look at the sweetheart so patient and good!!! I bet misha was so happy to see you guys when you got home!! :)

You're welcome!! 😘 I'm just glad beau didn't have too bad of a puncture. It's bc he's "All Man!" :)
Yep Beau is stoic. He doesn't wince when I clean his wound and takes his meds like a good boy. Actually the wound is bigger than it originally looked when I sent you the pic. I get traumatized looking at it.
Originally Posted by cookielvs!bags5
Yes the coyote is a bit skinny but almost the same size as my large older dog (mutt) around 40-50 lb size. We also have the red fox I have seen in our front yard. And let's not forget about the skunk community! Ugh. Hate the skunks. We had that happen to one dog also! It never ends.
Hear ya on the skunks. We have a hill behind our house and the coyotes and skunks both use the animal path. When they do at the same time it is very unpleasant. Our coyotes are mostly smallish but we have had a few that look like they were a mix with something else and were much larger than normal.
Mar 4, 2014, 11:05pm   #3355
megt10's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by Harper Quinn
i like my black/black today, maybe I should keep it?
Love it on you HQ!
Originally Posted by Harper Quinn
think it's a combo of different reasons:
1-mainly- guilt due to having too many things that i should not have bought
2- think 34s fit slightly better but not no sure
3- think leather jackets look good on me only when worn with certain clothes eg v necks
4- feel black leather makes me look too 'butch' ?!!

Therapy- here i come!
I hear ya about the guilt part. The fit looks perfect from here. Can't say anything except by more v necks the. if you feel like you look butch add a little extra makeup, heels and killer earrings.
Originally Posted by Decophile
I am so so sorry. This is so terrifying and heartbreaking. It's a great thing you found that lump right away. You spared him a whole world of even greater hurt and spreading infection by acting so quickly.
Well I kept feeling everywhere. I was watching for shock too especially since he is 16 years old.
Originally Posted by Decophile
Did your vet say it was ok to put peroxide on the wound? I'm not questioning your experience with this, given how you are obviously an animal lover and take care of many. I had the same thing happen with my cat a while ago and my vet told me not to put anything on the wound and to just let it air dry on its own. I reasearched this to death on the internet becasue I felt so helpless and wanted to do something to help. I found there are so many different views on this topic and I just don't know which one is right.
My vet told me to use peroxide to clean the wound out. She left it open instead of stitching it up so it can drain and heal but I am keeping a close eye on it for inflammation or infection.
Mar 4, 2014, 11:50pm   #3356
megt10's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by Decophile
justpeachy, your baby is gorgeous!

And now here are photos of the Bordeaux. It is definitely Bordeaux and not Cranberry. It's stunning, but not the shade of red I was expecting. I thought it would be a warm dark maroon red. It's actually quite cool, though I can't seem to capture the shade in photos. To the naked eye, it almost looks like a very dark deep magenta. Has more blues in it than browns/plums. And it's very different from 05 Bordeaux in the moto bags, which is quite a bit warmer.

But I absolutely love love love it! Once again VC shipped lighting fast.
Wow,you look amazing. I don't think it is Bordeaux though. Whatever it is you look fantastic in it.

Originally Posted by oreo713
omg Meg....I am so sorry to hear about what happened to Beau and I hope he is on the mend.
Thank you Oreo. He seems to be ok. Though he has lost his joyful air about him when he is outside. Even a little Yorkie scared him today. I hope he gets over that. He was always so good with other dogs in the neighborhood.
Originally Posted by saira1214
Congrats! It looks great on you. The color name of the jacket is actually Margaux. A lot of people refer to it as Bordeaux, but that is incorrect. Bordeaux was released last season and is a darker, warmer red. It can appear brown in some lighting, but I feel it is closer to the 05 Bordeaux than Margaux is. It only came out in the skinny quilted style, not the classic unfortunately.
That's it Margaux. I have the SQ Bordeaux and it is much darker.
Mar 4, 2014, 11:51pm   #3357
megt10's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by saira1214
Kris Jenner in a white Moto. I think it is from 2011. I wonder how many she has? Attachment 2530238
I like this one on her. Don't care for her but she looks good there.
Mar 5, 2014, 12:07am   #3358
megt10's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by susieserb
I ran across your post. What happened to your Beau was so similar to my Rufus (avatar). I had both Poms en route to a dog park, we were in a car and making our way to the entrance. A huge dog was defending his Pom companion (weird right) broke free from the owner and ran towards Rufus with teeth flashing. Rufus too was yanked up into the air before a muzzle could adequately chomp down.

Walking little dogs is highly challenging. Were you wearing a moto? The one in the pic?
Actually I was in fuzzy pj bottoms with dogs on them, t-shirt an Uggs. So stylish I know. I was already having a bad day the most stylish I was all weekend was for my trip to the vet. How sad is that.
I am glad that Rufus escaped injury. I hope that Beau gets his little swagger back.
Mar 5, 2014, 12:08am   #3359
megt10's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by pbdb
Just happy you're Ok and that your babies are Ok too. It could have been worse but fortunately, it wasn't.

Thank God.
Take care Meg!!
Thank you PBDB, I miss seeing you here.
Mar 5, 2014, 7:34am   #3360
soleilbrun's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by megt10
This was the only time that I wore my moto. Beau got attacked by a Pitbull yesterday when I was walking him and Misha. It was the scariest thing ever. My neighbor had been fostering the dog. She had it across the street on a leash, and I had Misha and Beau on two separate leashes, thank God. I normally have them on a dual leash. Yesterday was the first time that I did separate leashes, and I only did that because Misha has a new habit of chasing cars as they pass. So I needed more control which you don't get with a dual leash. Anyway the dog broke free raced across the street and jumped on Beau. I pulled Misha up by the leash and got him in my arms but was unable to protect both dogs. My neighbor ran across the street and jumped on the Pitbull. Beau was able to slip his collar, and he ran all the way home. I thought he was ok at first but then I felt a lump and took him to the vet where she found a puncture wound. Here is the pic of us waiting for them to get his antibiotics and pain meds. Also, a huge thank you to JP who kept me company via text while I was at the vet. It was a great moral support.
Poor sweet Beau! I am happy to hear he will make it through. Is there anything the vet said in particular to do for him in terms of his emotional trauma? Extra hugs, hold off on walking? He must be shocked and scared.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Balenciaga Balenciaga Clubhouse  
TOP

Thread Tools