Home Premier Designers Balenciaga Balenciaga Clubhouse

Bal MOTO JACKETS Pics & Chat!


DISCUSSION CLOSED
 
Thread Tools
Jan 30, 2013, 5:09am   #8251
soleilbrun's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by iluvmybags
Something seems "off" with that listing
The description says that she bought it when the collection first came out because she wasn't sure they would make any more, but that she never wore it, but then she credits "Jakuten" for the pics/details. If you look at the seller's FB, she received FB from a user by the name of Jakuten on 12/30/12 for a Private Transaction (she left FB for Jakuten on 12/29). I'm guessing she just bought this & "borrowed" the previous seller's pics & description. I think if anyone wants to bid, you might want to ask for new pics just to be sure this is the same jacket and that its in the same condition described/shown
You've got a little private detective in you! I love that. Thanks for giving us the heads up onthe listing and seller.
Jan 30, 2013, 6:22am   #8252
joluciodasilva's Avatar
Jo
Originally Posted by eris
So here is poudre. I like it but I'm not in love.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps1e546fed.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps6b64a7ca.jpg

I was initially afraid because in different pictures and lighting, poudre had very unappealing pink undertones. I had wanted safari but couldn't find it, and in non flash pictures, poudre and safari looked somewhat similar. I think it's probably to do with the color not doing well against my complexion

Wondering if militaire would be the one! The search continues
Originally Posted by eris
I'm still debating.. I like it a lot but I really want to be able to justify it and know I will be going to it time and time again. Maybe I should sleep on it and try it on during the day as well
It looks great on you, but if it isn't what you were hoping for you should hold out for one that you will be completely head-over-heels for!

Originally Posted by KindaCompulsive
Lovely Fi, you are a good luck charm! :-) not two minutes after you posted this, I got an email from the seller! Everything will be ok! Whew.... Now to just be patient and wait...
Huzzaaah!
Jan 30, 2013, 6:29am   #8253
dds262's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by eris
So here is poudre. I like it but I'm not in love.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps1e546fed.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps6b64a7ca.jpg

I was initially afraid because in different pictures and lighting, poudre had very unappealing pink undertones. I had wanted safari but couldn't find it, and in non flash pictures, poudre and safari looked somewhat similar. I think it's probably to do with the color not doing well against my complexion

Wondering if militaire would be the one! The search continues
I think Militaire would be a great choice for you. My personal opinion is that a darker color would contrast nicely with your lovely complexion. I also think black, asphalte or possible ardoise would look nice on you as well.
Jan 30, 2013, 6:53am   #8254
hc1113's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by lara0112
thought so...



thanks Lisa, it probably is the better fit. doesn't help that I won't fit in any of these right now because I carry ALL my pregnancy weight still, I am really freaking out over this





I had sellers like this- especially high volume sellers, and was freaking out but honestly, it always worked out. some shipping methods from Europe to the US take a long time, how much did you pay for shipping?



this really helps - I am trying to figure out from afar what size will give me a snug but manageable fit, sounds like 40 is the way to go for me. love some pics of Geraldine Saglio that wears hers really snug.


I always insist on the 1/2 as well . I am like you and generally it ain't so bad but some stuff just doesn't fit on short people, so annoying..
Tell me about it! I'd love to never have to hem my pants ever again!!

Originally Posted by eris
So here is poudre. I like it but I'm not in love.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps1e546fed.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps6b64a7ca.jpg

I was initially afraid because in different pictures and lighting, poudre had very unappealing pink undertones. I had wanted safari but couldn't find it, and in non flash pictures, poudre and safari looked somewhat similar. I think it's probably to do with the color not doing well against my complexion

Wondering if militaire would be the one! The search continues
If you can return it for another colour, see if you can? If not, I'd say find a colour you would wear! You don't want to have a jacket sitting in your closet collecting dust...
Jan 30, 2013, 7:10am   #8255
saira1214's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by sunspark
I know that moutarde is singing to me too lol, I love the color. Not sure I would actually wear it. I did have a lululemon hoodie once in that color though that I loved....

I have the 07 in a 38 and the leather is perfection! Thick and silky, will hold up and break in beautifully. BIN is a bit high though.
I just got my moutarde last night and it is gorgeous.
Jan 30, 2013, 7:10am   #8256
megt10's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by fionarcat
I'm going to hold onto it, drop a few pounds and see.
I am glad. You just need to wear it and break it in.
Originally Posted by chanella09
here my mod pics of Balenciaga motocycle jacket blue demin cropped in 36. my fav jacket.


http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/...psbf4f0953.jpg

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/...ps56b5d53f.jpg
Love the Denim on you. I have this jacket too and it is such a pretty color.
Originally Posted by tb-purselover
Thank you ladies!!!

Meg, the jeans are Isabel Marant. So is the silk top (trash rouge was the name I think?)

JDN, I use to post more. Especially on the IM threads. But lately I haven't as much. I think I'm a bit more shy lately about it lol.
I knew the jeans were IM Now I am on the hunt for them
Jan 30, 2013, 7:21am   #8257
megt10's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by eris
So here is poudre. I like it but I'm not in love.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps1e546fed.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps6b64a7ca.jpg

I was initially afraid because in different pictures and lighting, poudre had very unappealing pink undertones. I had wanted safari but couldn't find it, and in non flash pictures, poudre and safari looked somewhat similar. I think it's probably to do with the color not doing well against my complexion

Wondering if militaire would be the one! The search continues
I love this on you. Still if you don't send it back and get a jacket that makes your heart sing
Originally Posted by KindaCompulsive
Lovely Fi, you are a good luck charm! :-) not two minutes after you posted this, I got an email from the seller! Everything will be ok! Whew.... Now to just be patient and wait...
Oh I am so glad KC. What a relief!
Jan 30, 2013, 7:23am   #8258
MAGJES's Avatar
My Babies
Originally Posted by saira1214
I just got my moutarde last night and it is gorgeous.
I can't wait to see your pictures!

Jan 30, 2013, 7:24am   #8259
megt10's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by iluvmybags
Something seems "off" with that listing
The description says that she bought it when the collection first came out because she wasn't sure they would make any more, but that she never wore it, but then she credits "Jakuten" for the pics/details. If you look at the seller's FB, she received FB from a user by the name of Jakuten on 12/30/12 for a Private Transaction (she left FB for Jakuten on 12/29). I'm guessing she just bought this & "borrowed" the previous seller's pics & description. I think if anyone wants to bid, you might want to ask for new pics just to be sure this is the same jacket and that its in the same condition described/shown
Great sleuthing, thank you!
Originally Posted by soleilbrun
You've got a little private detective in you! I love that. Thanks for giving us the heads up onthe listing and seller.
I was just thinking that
Originally Posted by saira1214
I just got my moutarde last night and it is gorgeous.
OMG, can't wait to see. I am so glad that you love it.
Jan 30, 2013, 7:28am   #8260
joluciodasilva's Avatar
Jo
Originally Posted by saira1214
I just got my moutarde last night and it is gorgeous.
Ooooooh! Would love to see pics!!!
Jan 30, 2013, 7:30am   #8261
megt10's Avatar
Member
Yesterday I wore my SQ Cyclone yet again. This time with jeans. The color in the pics are the truest color of the jacket that I have captured so far. I liked how it looked with the Cobalt GSH Brief.
Attached Images
  
Jan 30, 2013, 7:33am   #8262
joluciodasilva's Avatar
Jo
Originally Posted by megt10
Yesterday I wore my SQ Cyclone yet again. This time with jeans. The color in the pics are the truest color of the jacket that I have captured so far. I liked how it looked with the Cobalt GSH Brief.
Just stunning, Meg. The pop of neon orange is delicious too
Jan 30, 2013, 7:40am   #8263
cmdfsu's Avatar
Member
[QUOTE="hc1113;23865236"]
Tell me about it! I'd love to never have to hem my pants ever again!!

Back in the day, pants were so short and I had so much trouble. Nowadays almost all jeans are long enough, if not too long and I'm over 6'0! I don't know how the majority of people do it, does everything have to be hemmed??

But I definitely have my share of clothes never fitting right cause of my Amazon height...
Jan 30, 2013, 7:53am   #8264
dds262's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by megt10
Yesterday I wore my SQ Cyclone yet again. This time with jeans. The color in the pics are the truest color of the jacket that I have captured so far. I liked how it looked with the Cobalt GSH Brief.
OMG meg - I thought you were gonna be in a pair of briefs!!! too funny - obviously I am not a bal girl when it comes to bags.....
Jan 30, 2013, 7:55am   #8265
dds262's Avatar
Member
We need to come up with some more interesting moto photos....we have had scrubs, pajamas, Jennifer Aniston in her birthday suit....how about a bal wedding dress and moto??? I wore mine last night to a continuing ed class but it was business casual. Maybe a moto suit???? How about a moto and a swim suit??? Dare you!!!
DISCUSSION CLOSED
  HOME Premier Designers Balenciaga Balenciaga Clubhouse  
TOP

Thread Tools