Home > > >

ARCHIVE 6-01-13 Authenticate this Hermes **BAG**


DISCUSSION CLOSED
 
Thread Tools
Apr 8, 2012, 9:51pm   #1576
bababebi's Avatar
bababebi
Member
Originally Posted by loveaddict
hi ladies, i think i want to grab this, can help me to authenticate? thx u very2 much

Item: Constance Lizard black ghw
Listing number: 260997193151
Seller: manon1215
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hermes-const...item3cc4a51dbf
Comments if any: -

thank you very much ladies, you guys are the best!
Pictures do not show this bag adequately.
Apr 8, 2012, 10:00pm   #1577
bababebi's Avatar
bababebi
Member
Originally Posted by joiseygirl
Item:Beautiful Hermes Kelly Bag, 32 cm
Listing number: 280860450678
Seller: j105steve
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beautiful-He...85888269252444

Hello lovely ladies. May I bother you to take a look at this auction. Aside from authenticity I'm confused about the date stamp. The seller states it was purchased in 1997 yet the date stamp would indicate a production year of 1971 if I'm correct. Also, wasnt the lobster claw used back then on the shoulder strap? I understand if you can only comment about authenticity and I apologize for the other questions in advance.
I can only say that the Kelly pictured is definitely authentic, and looks exactly like a Kelly of 1997, it cannot be a Kelly of 1971. The look of the bag would be different in certain respects if it were a 1971 Kelly. The only think I can think of is that the craftsman made a mistake when it was stamped and put a circle around the "A" letter instead of a square. 1997 was the first year for squares, perhaps there was a confusion, who knows? But the bag is authentic.
Apr 8, 2012, 10:02pm   #1578
PinkHermesQueen's Avatar
PinkHermesQueen
Member
Originally Posted by bababebi

Based on looking at all of the pictures you show, which are not great, I cannot say that I am certain this is an authentic bag. There are things that make me question. This is what I thought after looking at your first group of pictures, and this next group has left me in the same place.

I would be personally rather wary about a transaction with a friend who is trying to sell a so called brand new bag (although this stamp is from 2008) that they received as a gift. Why not wait and get a bag from a seller who has a long publicly verifiable history?
Hi, thanks so much. However, if I add that this bag was bot originally from the reseller Brandsoff (asia reseller), which had a reputation, will that make a difference? I have seen the receipt just now (sorry, I just asked for it)

Brand new was because the bag was not used before, but yes it is from 200x year.
Apr 8, 2012, 10:17pm   #1579
joiseygirl's Avatar
joiseygirl
Spike's mommy
Originally Posted by bababebi

I can only say that the Kelly pictured is definitely authentic, and looks exactly like a Kelly of 1997, it cannot be a Kelly of 1971. The look of the bag would be different in certain respects if it were a 1971 Kelly. The only think I can think of is that the craftsman made a mistake when it was stamped and put a circle around the "A" letter instead of a square. 1997 was the first year for squares, perhaps there was a confusion, who knows? But the bag is authentic.
Bababebi, thank you so very much for your continued selfless contribution to those of us without your knowledge. It's much appreciated!
Apr 8, 2012, 10:45pm   #1580
bababebi's Avatar
bababebi
Member
Originally Posted by PinkHermesQueen
Hi, thanks so much. However, if I add that this bag was bot originally from the reseller Brandsoff (asia reseller), which had a reputation, will that make a difference? I have seen the receipt just now (sorry, I just asked for it)

Brand new was because the bag was not used before, but yes it is from 200x year.
Your account of how the bag arrived with you has changed a bit. In your first post you said a friend received this bag as a gift and was selling it. Now you say the bag comes from a reseller in Hong Kong and you have seen a receipt.

I am very sorry, but I personally would really prefer not to comment further here on the pictures of this bag.
Apr 8, 2012, 11:02pm   #1581
PinkHermesQueen's Avatar
PinkHermesQueen
Member
Originally Posted by bababebi

Your account of how the bag arrived with you has changed a bit. In your first post you said a friend received this bag as a gift and was selling it. Now you say the bag comes from a reseller in Hong Kong and you have seen a receipt.

I am very sorry, but I personally would really prefer not to comment further here on the pictures of this bag.
Hi, sorry, i meant she got it as a gift but it was bought from Brandoff originally. I didn't mean to cause confusion here. Cuz later I asked if she knows where the bag was from, then I was shown a receipt.

I could go back to reseller if there is something wrong with it. That's what I meant.

Many thanks for your kind help. I didnt mean to be flaky.

Anyway, I will bring it to my Hermes SA and see if she can help further. Many thanks again!!!
Last edited Apr 8, 2012 at 11:15pm.
Apr 8, 2012, 11:11pm   #1582
bababebi's Avatar
bababebi
Member
Originally Posted by PinkHermesQueen
Hi, sorry, i meant she got it as a gift but it was bought from Brandoff. i am sorry for any confusion here. I asked if she knows where the bag was from, so i got to see a receipt.

I could go back to reseller if there is something8 wrong with it. That's what I meant.

Many thanks for your kind help. I didnt mean to be flaky.

Anyway, I will bring it to my Hermes SA and see if she can help further. Many thanks again!!!
The bag was for sale on the BrandOff website. I searched and found it. Their pictures are even worse than yours, (LOL!) however they are a well known seller as you said.

Taking the bag to Hermes is always a good idea.
Apr 8, 2012, 11:13pm   #1583
PinkHermesQueen's Avatar
PinkHermesQueen
Member
Originally Posted by bababebi

The bag was for sale on the BrandOff website. I searched and found it. Their pictures are even worse than yours, (LOL!) however they are a well known seller as you said.

Taking the bag to Hermes is always a good idea.
Bababebi, thank you once again!!
Apr 9, 2012, 12:43am   #1584
C
CaliforniaGal
Member
Item: Picotin Saddle Brown
Number: 220992633793
Seller: mrsplumart
Link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/220992633793...84.m1438.l2649
Comment: Well used but still lovely -- is it authentic? Is this size GM (Grand ---??)
Thank you, wonderful experts!
Apr 9, 2012, 2:53am   #1585
n
new.old.bag
Member
Originally Posted by bababebi
The Kelly in the pictures is authentic, known on tPF as "waffle" Kelly. I do not know the seller, and I cannot evaluate their feedback because I do not speak German. I find it unusual that they would begin the auction at such a low price. You would be advised to do proper due diligence.
I can speak enough German to evaluate that they have quite a bit of feedback complaining of fakes.For fake iphone cases
Apr 9, 2012, 3:39am   #1586
scarflover's Avatar
scarflover
Member
Ladies,please help me authenticate this birkin 30 in E5. Thank you so much!

Item: Precious ROSE TYRIEN CANDY 30cm Hermes Birkin Bag
Listing number is applicable: 220990126246
Seller: nyfashionexpert
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Precious-ROS...item337409b8a6
Apr 9, 2012, 4:31am   #1587
perlerare's Avatar
perlerare
ROUGE H !
Originally Posted by joiseygirl
Item:Beautiful Hermes Kelly Bag, 32 cm
Listing number: 280860450678
Seller: j105steve
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beautiful-He...85888269252444

Hello lovely ladies. May I bother you to take a look at this auction. Aside from authenticity I'm confused about the date stamp. The seller states it was purchased in 1997 yet the date stamp would indicate a production year of 1971 if I'm correct. Also, wasnt the lobster claw used back then on the shoulder strap? I understand if you can only comment about authenticity and I apologize for the other questions in advance.
Originally Posted by bababebi
I can only say that the Kelly pictured is definitely authentic, and looks exactly like a Kelly of 1997, it cannot be a Kelly of 1971. The look of the bag would be different in certain respects if it were a 1971 Kelly. The only think I can think of is that the craftsman made a mistake when it was stamped and put a circle around the "A" letter instead of a square. 1997 was the first year for squares, perhaps there was a confusion, who knows? But the bag is authentic.

Actually I think the stamp of this bag is not a A but a V. 1992. And of course I agree it is authentic.
Last edited Apr 9, 2012 at 4:41am.
Apr 9, 2012, 5:45am   #1588
Chicanery's Avatar
Chicanery
Member
Originally Posted by bababebi
The Kelly in the pictures is authentic, known on tPF as "waffle" Kelly. I do not know the seller, and I cannot evaluate their feedback because I do not speak German. I find it unusual that they would begin the auction at such a low price. You would be advised to do proper due diligence.
Dear bababebi,
Thank you very much for your assessment.
I will defiantly follow your advice.
Apr 9, 2012, 8:35am   #1589
bababebi's Avatar
bababebi
Member
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal
Item: Picotin Saddle Brown
Number: 220992633793
Seller: mrsplumart
Link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/220992633793...84.m1438.l2649
Comment: Well used but still lovely -- is it authentic? Is this size GM (Grand ---??)
Thank you, wonderful experts!
Authentic Picotin, great for grab and go!
Apr 9, 2012, 8:44am   #1590
bababebi's Avatar
bababebi
Member
Originally Posted by scarflover
Ladies,please help me authenticate this birkin 30 in E5. Thank you so much!

Item: Precious ROSE TYRIEN CANDY 30cm Hermes Birkin Bag
Listing number is applicable: 220990126246
Seller: nyfashionexpert
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Precious-ROS...item337409b8a6
Authentic.
DISCUSSION CLOSED
  HOME > > >  
TOP

Thread Tools