Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > > >

ARCHIVE 01/11/11 Authenticate this Hermes **BAG**

DISCUSSION CLOSED

Aug 2, 2010, 6:08pm   #46
CobaltBlu
Perle, this is a really great post. The bag does not scream fake, hopefully better pictures will put it in a better light, or tell us one way or the other. Thank you for the thought and time you put into this.

You may have a martini now, if you wish!

Originally Posted by perlerare
Here is my comment about this bag posted july 20th.

This bag looks authentic to me.

I agree that the letter initially pictured in the listing was quite border line, and I know that this seller has somehow a twisted selling history, as well as some kind of twisted history here in tpf.

BUT : this bag does not look like a fake to me. That is not such a bad start - I would verify a few things with seller, though.
1- make sure they actually have the item in their possession : ask for specific pictures . Ask the pictures to be sent by email to you so you'll get them high resolution.
2-make sure Seller agrees to accept a return if you are not satisfied with the bag, for any reason. (not if the bag is not authentic, because no one is going to ever write you a letter of NON authenticity)
Set up an agrement of 3 days or so after delivery , so you have time to take the bag to Hermes for a check.
And have seller write this agrement in their ebay listing.

If this seller is willing to make an honest deal, they will most probabely accept.

That being said, make sure you pay by paypal,( if you have a confirmed address) and respect all the terms on your side.

I think it is worth a try if you DO like this bag.

my 0.02.
Aug 2, 2010, 6:11pm   #47
mistikat
Bling!
Originally Posted by bebesf2000
item: Hermes BIRKIN 30 PINK Togo Bubblegum Pink 30CM bag
seller: uber-luxe
item #: 260643540034
link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3DI%26otn%3D2
comments: Can someone authenticate this one? Thanks!
Only one of the pictures is loading for me. I believe others have said this seller sells authentic ... but the claim about the bag being available only by special order is rubbish. As is the ridiculous price. Just saying ... there are better deals out there.
Aug 2, 2010, 6:33pm   #48
gracekelly
The Red Queen
Originally Posted by bebesf2000
item: Hermes BIRKIN 30 PINK Togo Bubblegum Pink 30CM bag
seller: uber-luxe
item #: 260643540034
link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3DI%26otn%3D2
comments: Can someone authenticate this one? Thanks!
The pictures loaded for my on my computer. What can I say. I would definitely need some Pepto Bismol after looking at the price. Looks authentic to me, but at this price point, a visit to the boutique would be far cheaper.
Aug 2, 2010, 6:40pm   #49
S'Mom
Resistance is Futile
I would just like to chime in here too because even though 20% goes to charity, the price is still ridiculous......
Aug 2, 2010, 6:51pm   #50
gracekelly
The Red Queen
Originally Posted by S'Mom
I would just like to chime in here too because even though 20% goes to charity, the price is still ridiculous......

And who is the lucky recipient of the IRS audit? The buyer or the seller or both?
Aug 2, 2010, 6:54pm   #51
CobaltBlu
i am still waiting for them to load. The price. No thank you.

ETA: oh great. music too. ugh.

The bag looks authentic, however.
May as well say it after the long wait to look at it.
Aug 2, 2010, 6:58pm   #52
gracekelly
The Red Queen
^^ what! I missed a serenade? I keep my speakers turned off all the time. Tell me, were they playing "Fools Rush In?"
Aug 2, 2010, 6:59pm   #53
s
shy-da
Item: New Hermes Gold Palladium Birkin bag purse 35cm
seller: citygirl33
Item no: 200397718900
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP.dll?...00&ssPageName=

Thankyou.
Aug 2, 2010, 7:02pm   #54
S'Mom
Resistance is Futile
Originally Posted by gracekelly
^^ what! I missed a serenade? I keep my speakers turned off all the time. Tell me, were they playing "fools rush in?"
lmfao!!!!!!!!!
Last edited Aug 2, 2010 at 7:03pm. Reason: needed caps for loud guffawing....
Aug 2, 2010, 7:03pm   #55
S'Mom
Resistance is Futile
Originally Posted by shy-da

Thankyou.
Didn't this one already come up for authentication? *looking to see*
Aug 2, 2010, 7:05pm   #56
tillie46
I bought this bag at a high end consignment store, and if it's not authentic, I can return it without question. Here are some pictures I took of the bag. It's a Rosy Kelly Pouchette from 2008 that has never been used. The plastic is on all pieces of hardware including the turnkey. I took a picture of the receipt from the Hermes store where it was bought originally. The tag enclosed in the bag has the same reference #'s as on the receipt. I tried my best to get a close up of the engraved stamp on the hardware, but it's the best I could do. The engraving is very delicate and perfect with the little square at the end of it. The gold stamp on the inside of the bag is perfect, and you can see the small grave just above the E....my pictures aren't the best. It came in the box, with a pillow, dustbag, felt cover for the hardware, tag & receipt and Hermes envelopes with the sales persons card! Everything is intact. If you need me to take better pictures, just let me know. Thanks so much for your help!
Attached Images

Aug 2, 2010, 7:05pm   #57
mistikat
Bling!
Originally Posted by S'Mom
Didn't this one already come up for authentication? *looking to see*
Yes, it did.
Aug 2, 2010, 7:08pm   #58
bababebi
Originally Posted by shy-da

Thankyou.
Cannot say based on what is shown, need pictures of the interior, lock base etc... Seller sells Chanel, and has good history for Chanel, but I cannot find any Hermes history. Note that bag is I year, we are now in M year. Price is high IMO.

Sum total is that based on what I see so far I personally am not convinced by this auction.
Aug 2, 2010, 7:08pm   #59
tillie46
A few more pictures...
Attached Images

Aug 2, 2010, 7:09pm   #60
CobaltBlu
Did we do the gold birkin...I searched and could not find it.
I saw that it was asked for a couple of pages ago, but I did not see an answer.
I am down to my last few marbles, am I losing them, too????

A note on the gold bag...seller states refund only with written confirmation from Hermes that the bag is not authentic. This is not something you can get, so I have a little issue with that, but she has a good reputation for selling chanel....

BTW...
Quote:
  • Please allow at least twelve hours before you repost your request. If the auction is ending soon, you may say so in your comments. Remember, we are just like you, and get on the PF when we have time, so please be patient.
DISCUSSION CLOSED
  HOME > > >