Home > >

Does anyone out there make their own jewelry?

POST A REPLY

Dec 7, 2008, 1:52am   #46
TygerKitty
~*~ addicted ~*~
Elizat... thanks so much for that video link again! I watched a whole bunch of them from Karla and have learned so much! Wow, there's so much about beading I did'nt know and I'm even more excited to try these things out... I will be able to make my jewelry much more polished with all of these techniques! WOO HOO!
Dec 7, 2008, 1:58am   #47
TygerKitty
~*~ addicted ~*~
Originally Posted by LVShoeFan2
I love that purple bracelet!!

I make bracelets with a clasp but I need to try making stretchy bracelets. Do you just tie the ends in a knot and that's it? Stupid question, I know LOL but it just seems too easy.
That's what I do! I don't tie them like shoes though because those types of knots come undone more easily. I use one I don't know the name of and also square knots... see this link for a diagram of tying a square knot: http://www.eebeads.com/ideas/40_squareknot.html.
Dec 7, 2008, 8:42am   #48
e
elizat
choozen1ne- I like your multi strand pieces a lot- very pretty!

purple coach- your shell and stone pieces are very cool! I like a lot of your things, but those are my favorites.

TygerKitty- glad the videos helped you! I've learned from a lot from her too. Her instructions are clear and easy to understand. I don't wrap quite the way she does, but I would guess most of us do it a bit different once we get the hang out of it.
Dec 7, 2008, 12:54pm   #49
Tracy
shallowly obsessing
Originally Posted by elizat
So very pretty! I really like the first one a lot- such great colors. Is the one bracelet made of shells- the round gray one?
thanks! yup, it's shells, the only downside is that they got kind of scratched so i don't wear it anymore.
Dec 7, 2008, 12:56pm   #50
Tracy
shallowly obsessing
Originally Posted by Sweetwon
^So pretty choozen1ne. I really like the multi strand necklaces! I need to be more creative.
ditto! maybe i will attempt something like that
Dec 7, 2008, 1:02pm   #51
Sweetwon
you win or you die
Thanks for the link to the video elizat. I just watched a bunch of them and now I want to go and get some supplies! This thread may be very bad for me. Everytime I see what people are making I want to go get beads and make more jewelry! I guess I know what everyone in my family will be getting for Christmas this year. I just need to finish my scarves so I have time for the jewelry!
Dec 7, 2008, 1:35pm   #52
e
elizat
^ I know... I've never done a wire wrap ring before b/c I don't think I'd actually wear it, but the videos make me want to try it! I am not quite sure how to do a halo or decorative wire circle around the center though, like I've seen w/ some rings. I think that would look really cool w/ a square stone.
Dec 7, 2008, 1:38pm   #53
Sweetwon
you win or you die
I made wire rings with beads one them before. Mine are a little different than the ones from the video. I put a lot of beads on mine. I think I will just dig out a bunch of my stuff and take pictures so I can post.
Dec 8, 2008, 2:00am   #54
betseylover
i love beading and making jewelry. i haven`t done so in a while though since i had my son. i will post pics soon.
thanks to everyone for posting pics, it is great inspiration and nice to see everyone`s creativity!
Dec 8, 2008, 10:07am   #55
mariah9999
Lovin' LV
Originally Posted by choozen1ne
Here are some of my designs

I have a lot more , I will put some more picutres up in a few minutes
I LOVE all of these! Especially the wreath necklace and the bracelets with the hearts! The multi-strand green and natural colors necklace is to die for too! You are extremely talented and I really love your eye for design!
Dec 8, 2008, 3:29pm   #56
m
momo43
oooo! i just stumbled into the arts & crafts forum! Everyone's designs are very cute! I've been making my own jewelry ever since I was in grade school. I'll add pics later when I get home.
Dec 8, 2008, 6:41pm   #57
TygerKitty
~*~ addicted ~*~
Can't wait to see momo!
Dec 9, 2008, 8:49pm   #58
galligator
Mostly Harmless
I don't make jewelery very often. When I do it's usually pretty simple (I like sewing & designing more) but I was at Michaels the other day & saw some charms on sale. SO, I picked up a matching gunmetal tone chain & made a lariat. I probably spent as much time buying the parts as actually hooking up the parts with jump rings.
Attached Images

Dec 9, 2008, 9:59pm   #59
Jprojectrunway
I make my own jewlery!! I love making jewlery..even in Highschool i make some cute litlte pieces for myself haha :)
I've made quite a few items, but these are the only ones i have pics of:
These are little heart studs i made from buttons!! then filled in the holes with paints, and glued them onto round backings

Necklaces with ceramic/ stone pendants
Dec 9, 2008, 10:03pm   #60
e
elizat
^ Oh, that is pretty! It's really fun too, Galligator!

I am loving this thread and all the photos from everyone!

I just finished a necklace tonight that is two strand w/ green aventurine, smoky quartz and shells. I took a picture of the necklace I did for my mom for Christmas too- hers is pink and white pearls, rhodonite, and smoky quartz. Sorry the picture is kind of cut off and foggy...

POST A REPLY
  HOME > >