Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Crochet - The Happy Hookers Thread

POST A REPLY

Dec 5, 2008, 11:13am   #1
merika
Wol
I love crochet, but I rarely have the time for any projects. I'd love to see what other people like to crochet, and maybe share patterns and tips. I recently finished one project - this is incomplete, I hadn't added the tassels yet when the picture was taken.
Attached Images

Dec 5, 2008, 11:23am   #2
mariah9999
Lovin' LV
I love to crochet! I'm in too! I'm working on an afghan right now!!!
Dec 5, 2008, 12:25pm   #3
sweetneet
over the moon
love the title of this thread "happy hookers"...LOL!!
Dec 5, 2008, 12:59pm   #4
Sweetwon
you win or you die
I just finished two scarves. One is a Christmas gift for my SIL the other is for me. I will have to post pictures.
Dec 5, 2008, 3:22pm   #5
elle tee

Wow, that's gorgeous!
My grandmother taught me to crochet a few years ago, before her strokes/death she used to love making afghans as holiday gifts. I pretty much stick to scarves but I love crocheting because I can actually complete a project in a reasonable amount of time, whereas with knitting it took me forever and I got impatient, lol.
Dec 5, 2008, 4:18pm   #6
mariah9999
Lovin' LV
Originally Posted by Sweetwon
I just finished two scarves. One is a Christmas gift for my SIL the other is for me. I will have to post pictures.
Can't wait to see them!
Dec 5, 2008, 5:20pm   #7
Tracy
shallowly obsessing
awesome title!
Dec 5, 2008, 8:23pm   #8
TygerKitty
~*~ addicted ~*~
I have no idea how to crochet but I think the thread title is hilarious and I just had to comment!!!
Dec 6, 2008, 7:10pm   #9
caxe
-+-+-+-+-+-
I have lots of hooks and yarn, and I've crocheted in the past, but not lately. I need to get back into it!
Dec 6, 2008, 7:31pm   #10
e
elizat
I can't crochet to save my life, but my mom is amazing. She just gave me a blanket she finished for a friend of mine that is having a baby, so I thought I'd post.

And here is a partial shot of a blanket I found that she did for me for my reading room b/c the couch is white and I have a black dog and cat. You can see from the photo why I needed something to cover the couch...The room is painted turquoise!

Dec 7, 2008, 1:48pm   #11
Sweetwon
you win or you die
Here are the scarves/shawls that I have been making for Christmas gifts. I have three more to go and then I am done. These were supposed to be gifts, but they ended up being mine instead.
Attached Images

Dec 8, 2008, 1:30am   #12
mariah9999
Lovin' LV
Originally Posted by Sweetwon
Here are the scarves/shawls that I have been making for Christmas gifts. I have three more to go and then I am done. These were supposed to be gifts, but they ended up being mine instead.
Those are gorgeous! If I made those, I'd want to keep them too!
Dec 8, 2008, 1:31am   #13
mariah9999
Lovin' LV
Originally Posted by elizat
I can't crochet to save my life, but my mom is amazing. She just gave me a blanket she finished for a friend of mine that is having a baby, so I thought I'd post.

And here is a partial shot of a blanket I found that she did for me for my reading room b/c the couch is white and I have a black dog and cat. You can see from the photo why I needed something to cover the couch...The room is painted turquoise!

You are right, your mom is amazingly talented! Those are beautiful!!! Cute doggy too!
Dec 8, 2008, 9:55am   #14
e
elizat
^ Thanks!
Dec 8, 2008, 11:57pm   #15
ringing_phone
banned for a while!
I don't know any fancy crochet stitches, but I would like to learn. I made an afghan for my grandmother this past summer. It is her Christmas gift! I made one for my great-grandmother many years ago, and my grandmother admired it so much that I decided it was time to make one for her.

POST A REPLY
  HOME > >