Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Introducing Diesel...

POST A REPLY

Jun 25, 2012, 10:35am   #1
Ms.M
On the Orange Side
Our adorable 7 week pug.
After months of calling breeders and getting the same response..."sorry, all the pups are spoken for" I was starting to think we would never have a pug to call ours...until a few days ago!
He is our first family pet and we are just besotted by him. I cannot believe how quickly he & my children bonded. We drove over 2 hours to meet him and his parents and it was instant love...9 more sleeps til he is home!!!!!
Attached Images

Jun 25, 2012, 10:41am   #2
clevercat
Murphy's Mama
Oh look at that face! He is adorable.
Jun 25, 2012, 10:47am   #3
Ms.M
On the Orange Side
Thank you clevercat! He is just so adorable and has the cheekiest personality :)
Jun 25, 2012, 11:27am   #4
buzzytoes
Dog Chauffeur
Soooooo cute!!!
Jun 25, 2012, 11:47am   #5
C
Chloe_chick999
Nerdy...
He is beautiful! Your family is blessed with a pudgy angel :)
Jun 25, 2012, 5:43pm   #6
sadiesthegirl
Your pup is very cute and adorable! He has such a cute and sweet face ; )
Jun 25, 2012, 6:20pm   #7
gazoo
Soooooo precious! Congratulations.
Jun 25, 2012, 7:14pm   #8
Ms.M
On the Orange Side
Thank you for your kind words Buzzytoes, Chloe_chick999, sadiesthegirl & gazoo.
We are truly blessed...
Any tips on toilet training would be appreciated and opinions on crating v non crating...i you tubed last night and although it's apparently a good way of training seems a lil harsh to me...
TIA
Jun 25, 2012, 9:12pm   #9
Cindi
My baby, Bellis
He is adorable! The secret to potty training is to never let them have a chance to have an accident. I used to tether the the dog to me with his leash and crate when I wasn't home or couldn't watch him. The second tip is routine. Get him used to eating at a certain time and going potty at certain times and stick to it as much as possible. Potty training isn't forever and the crate is not a punishment. Use it as a tool and it does work well. Good luck!
Jun 25, 2012, 9:23pm   #10
dusty paws
What a love!
Jun 25, 2012, 9:53pm   #11
poopsie2
Are you ready Steve?
Too cute!
Jun 25, 2012, 10:12pm   #12
Ms.M
On the Orange Side
Originally Posted by Cindi
He is adorable! The secret to potty training is to never let them have a chance to have an accident. I used to tether the the dog to me with his leash and crate when I wasn't home or couldn't watch him. The second tip is routine. Get him used to eating at a certain time and going potty at certain times and stick to it as much as possible. Potty training isn't forever and the crate is not a punishment. Use it as a tool and it does work well. Good luck!
Thank you Cindi I've given birth to 6 children and cruised through the baby stages but i'm scared to death of bringing this lil fella home lol
Having him tethered to me is not going to be a problem at all!

I will be purchasing his crate tomorrow so thats its ready as soon as he is home with us. "Routine" makes perfect sense, i am open to all suggestions and heres hoping he wont give me a hard time.
Thanks again x
Jun 25, 2012, 10:13pm   #13
Ms.M
On the Orange Side
Thank you dusty paws & poopsie2
Jun 25, 2012, 10:22pm   #14
coconutsboston
Oh so adorable!
Jun 25, 2012, 10:38pm   #15
Jadeite
Mental Discipline
congrats, what a cutie!

i agree, early potty training with a crate and tether is effective if enforced early and routinely. it sounds harsh but unless you or a family member is able to supervise your pup 24/7, it will save you a lot of heartache and stress. good luck.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >