Up To 40% Off

Net-A-Porter

Up To 50% Off Designer Sale

Bloomingdale's

Up to 50% Off Big Brown Bag Sale

ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

Help! My dog has been throwing up white foam!

POST A REPLY

Jul 14, 2008, 1:26am   #1
cocogirl07
:p
My baby has been throwing up white foam since the morning. He has thrown about 7 times. I am going to bring him to the vet first thing in the morning. Has anyone had this happen to their dog?
Jul 14, 2008, 1:41am   #2
ragamuffin
My guy has before, but not that many times. He had a bacteria imbalance and they treated it with some pills. He also had the runs with it. It so scary because they can't tell you whats wrong
I hope the vet can solve your problem quickly! Keep us posted!
Jul 14, 2008, 4:31am   #3
IcansPotaFake32
Yes, what types of bones does he eat? It could be that he ate too large a piece of bone or that he ate grass (but usually you'd see the grass). This has happened with my dog and he wakes up in the middle of the night to throw up foam...really gross and scary too. He now has to supervised any time he chews a bone and I take it away if he's getting a little too crazy with it. He isn't allowed rawhide's but has bully sticks on occasion. Good luck and please keep us updated!
Jul 14, 2008, 7:03am   #4
Mediana
~Travelista~
Not white foam but my dog can through up bile if she hasn't eaten in a while. Hope everything went well at the vet. Let us know what they said
Jul 14, 2008, 8:30am   #5
grayxie
NOMtacular!
^^Same here, if they have an empty stomach they throw up foamy liquid stuff.
Jul 14, 2008, 10:30am   #6
boxermom
Yes, our dogs have done it, but it's been a long time and I can't remember what the problem was.

Please let us know what your vet says!
Jul 14, 2008, 10:42am   #7
cocogirl07
Thank you so much everyone...I am going to he vet in 30 min I will update everyone when I get home..
Jul 14, 2008, 10:50am   #8
B
Beach Bum
mine do it when they eat grass outside.(its bile).....My one dog has a thyroid disease and his meds make him puke a bit every so often..Let us know how your dog is!GL!
Jul 14, 2008, 10:54am   #9
couture2387
Mine has done that after eating rawhide...but not 7 times in one day.
Jul 14, 2008, 12:30pm   #10
cocogirl07
Ok I just came back from the vet...He thinks that he ate something that upset his stomach. His stool is good, he is drinking water, and wants food. They gave him a shot to stop the vomiting and pills for him to take once a day. Hopefully this will help the problem. He is looking much better and is now resting. The vet also said he was not dehydrated..thats good because he vomited a lot yesterday..

Thanks everyone
Jul 14, 2008, 2:14pm   #11
Cindi
My baby, Bellis
Glad to hear he is doing better.
Jul 14, 2008, 2:20pm   #12
ellacoach
Originally Posted by Mediana
Not white foam but my dog can through up bile if she hasn't eaten in a while. Hope everything went well at the vet. Let us know what they said
My dog does this too sometimes if he has an empty stomache, it's usually right before it's time for his dinner too and doesn't happen all the time. It's not usually foamy though that I recall.
Jul 14, 2008, 2:21pm   #13
ellacoach
Originally Posted by cocogirl07
Ok I just came back from the vet...He thinks that he ate something that upset his stomach. His stool is good, he is drinking water, and wants food. They gave him a shot to stop the vomiting and pills for him to take once a day. Hopefully this will help the problem. He is looking much better and is now resting. The vet also said he was not dehydrated..thats good because he vomited a lot yesterday..

Thanks everyone
I'm glad he's doing better!
Jul 14, 2008, 2:21pm   #14
BiloxiBlu
Bless your heart :)
Maybe he got ahold of a froggie? My pug did that with a frog before.
Jul 14, 2008, 3:02pm   #15
cocogirl07
Originally Posted by BiloxiBlu
Maybe he got ahold of a froggie? My pug did that with a frog before.
lmaooo oh no! yeah he is really tired I really hope he starts feeling himself because its so sad to see him like this...it makes me want to cry
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >