Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Celebs and their ALEXANDER WANG ~ Pics & Chat ~

POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Jul 18, 2012, 11:11am   #511
AngeCS29's Avatar
AngeCS29
Member
Originally Posted by ceedoan
That looks like pale gold cupcake studs, but MK was known to be the first to carry the original coco w/ brass bullet studs!! So maybe she just has both versions!
Ok. Looked like pale gold to me too. Thanks!
Jul 18, 2012, 2:03pm   #512
steph22's Avatar
steph22
Member
Miranda Kerr

Name:  miranda-kerr-day-out-flynn-07.jpg
Views: 2138
Size:  298.8 KB
Jul 18, 2012, 5:49pm   #513
p
platinum_girly
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by AngeCS29
I know this pic has been posted before, but anyone know which hardware this is??

http://gliha.blogs.com/.a/6a00d83425...f9ac970c-500wi

Sorry. It won't insert the image for some reason.
This looks like the shiny gold bullet version, it is sooo much prettier than the brass (i have owned both at one point, long story) and now i only have my brass and i miss the gold bullets, they were so much shinier and expensive looking :-(
Jul 18, 2012, 6:42pm   #514
AngeCS29's Avatar
AngeCS29
Member
platinum_girly, does the pale gold come in bullets??? i really want it in bullets but i've been told it only comes in cupcakes!
Jul 18, 2012, 8:21pm   #515
t
themaine
Member
Originally Posted by platinum_girly
This looks like the shiny gold bullet version, it is sooo much prettier than the brass (i have owned both at one point, long story) and now i only have my brass and i miss the gold bullets, they were so much shinier and expensive looking :-(
Platinum_girly- I didn't know that they originally had the gold bullets. Do any roccos have this or was it just the original coco style?
Jul 18, 2012, 8:41pm   #516
p
platinum_girly
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by themaine
Platinum_girly- I didn't know that they originally had the gold bullets. Do any roccos have this or was it just the original coco style?
The original version (to my knowledge) was the 2009 version with the brass bullet studs.
In 2010 the same bag (bullet studs) was released but with more of a brushed gold hardware.
After that came the tiered and cupcake studs and the rosegold and the addition of the extra shoulder strap.
I think it may be difficult to find the exact bag now (it would likely be something you could eventually find on somewhere like E-bay) but it is the 2010 version, i got mine in May/June 2010 i believe (silly me for getting rid of it and getting a 2009 version)
Jul 18, 2012, 8:43pm   #517
fsadeli's Avatar
fsadeli
Member
Originally Posted by platinum_girly

The original version (to my knowledge) was the 2009 version with the brass bullet studs.
In 2010 the same bag (bullet studs) was released but with more of a brushed gold hardware.
After that came the tiered and cupcake studs and the rosegold and the addition of the extra shoulder strap.
I think it may be difficult to find the exact bag now (it would likely be something you could eventually find on somewhere like E-bay) but it is the 2010 version, i got mine in May/June 2010 i believe (silly me for getting rid of it and getting a 2009 version)
Do u think kristin cavallari got one with brushed gold hw? Hers look so shiny!
Jul 18, 2012, 8:47pm   #518
AngeCS29's Avatar
AngeCS29
Member
fsadeli, I know! This bag is driving me nuts with the hardware!! In person, the brass looks much more matte and then modeled and in the celeb pics it looks light and shiny.
Jul 18, 2012, 9:23pm   #519
t
themaine
Member
Originally Posted by platinum_girly
The original version (to my knowledge) was the 2009 version with the brass bullet studs.
In 2010 the same bag (bullet studs) was released but with more of a brushed gold hardware.
After that came the tiered and cupcake studs and the rosegold and the addition of the extra shoulder strap.
I think it may be difficult to find the exact bag now (it would likely be something you could eventually find on somewhere like E-bay) but it is the 2010 version, i got mine in May/June 2010 i believe (silly me for getting rid of it and getting a 2009 version)
Thank you so much for clarifying this. You are right that it will be hard to find this bag. Since so many sellers will call them gold studs even if they are brass. Also, the pictures and the flash will make a difference. The best way to know would to see the bag irl. I would love to get the brushed gold hardware one. I have the brass one right now. Too bad you sold your bag :( Maybe you got the 2009 because it was the original? Or because you liked that leather more
Jul 19, 2012, 4:58am   #520
p
platinum_girly
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by fsadeli
Do u think kristin cavallari got one with brushed gold hw? Hers look so shiny!
I don't think so as i believe that she got hers in 2009, now i can only assume that hers look that shiny because:
A, it is the camera flash that causes the bullets to look more shiny than they actually are... OR
B, a few celebrities actually got given the 2010 versions back in 2009 in order to create all this hype around the bag, if you know what i mean?

All i know is that every bag i saw in 2009 has the brass studding but then in 2010 the studding was definately more shiny gold, i can even compare pics of the 2 that i have owned (although not at the same time) and see the difference...

Originally Posted by themaine
Thank you so much for clarifying this. You are right that it will be hard to find this bag. Since so many sellers will call them gold studs even if they are brass. Also, the pictures and the flash will make a difference. The best way to know would to see the bag irl. I would love to get the brushed gold hardware one. I have the brass one right now. Too bad you sold your bag :( Maybe you got the 2009 because it was the original? Or because you liked that leather more
Well i sold the 2010 because when i first ordered one it arrived with a broken handle, i sent that back and ordered from elsewhere, it arrived and was perfect (although the pebbling was not what i had hoped for) but then only a few months down the line did the handle stitching begin to come undone so i just thought 'i can't be dealing with these bags' because i assumed they were just poorly made but as soon as i got rid then i missed it (i still had my baby Rocco but it wasn't the same) and so i hunted one down from a well respected seller but when it arrived i was perplexed as to why the studding looked really dull and 'antiqued' so i looked into it and discovered the difference, but the pebbling is way better so i guess it is all swings and roundabouts
Jul 19, 2012, 11:00pm   #521
t
themaine
Member
Platinum_girly, I know what you mean! It is like going in circles trying to find the best bag with the leather and studs. It is interesting how the pebbling can vary on those bags. I do not like the smooth areas. I agree that Kristen Cavalleri's bag might be shiny due to the flash. My bag is sometimes shiny depending on flash or the light.
Jul 20, 2012, 6:19am   #522
p
platinum_girly
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by themaine
Platinum_girly, I know what you mean! It is like going in circles trying to find the best bag with the leather and studs. It is interesting how the pebbling can vary on those bags. I do not like the smooth areas. I agree that Kristen Cavalleri's bag might be shiny due to the flash. My bag is sometimes shiny depending on flash or the light.
Ack it is such a pain! I mean i loved the studs on the 2010 version but i much prefer the pebbling on the 2009 version, in a way i wish these bags were more uniform so we did not have to hunt down one with good pebbles
I actually found these pics of Kristen and MK olsen and it looks to me like Kristen has the 2009 brass bullet version and MK (somehow) has the 2010 release gold bullet version (hopefully y'all can tell the difference in the pics)
Attached Images
  
Jul 21, 2012, 11:04am   #523
t
themaine
Member
Originally Posted by platinum_girly
Ack it is such a pain! I mean i loved the studs on the 2010 version but i much prefer the pebbling on the 2009 version, in a way i wish these bags were more uniform so we did not have to hunt down one with good pebbles
I actually found these pics of Kristen and MK olsen and it looks to me like Kristen has the 2009 brass bullet version and MK (somehow) has the 2010 release gold bullet version (hopefully y'all can tell the difference in the pics)
I wish that the bags were more uniform too. Thanks for the comparison pics. I can definitely see the difference. I think that MK's bag is different because she got the bag before anyone else. I think she got it before it was on the runaway for New York Fashion week. Maybe AW made the bag different for her and then he made the same ones for 2010.
Jul 24, 2012, 6:47pm   #524
gloryanh's Avatar
gloryanh
Member
Originally Posted by rx4dsoul
Kate Bosworth
What bag is this? It looks cute!
Jul 24, 2012, 7:55pm   #525
betty.lee's Avatar
betty.lee
amateur bag hag
Originally Posted by gloryanh
What bag is this? It looks cute!
it's the marina speedo bag from fall 2011, i wish i had gotten that one instead of the emile.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools