Home Contemporary Designers Alexander Wang

Black Rocco with Pale Gold vs. Antique Brass

POST A REPLY

Jul 29, 2012, 6:51am   #16
~♦~♦~♦~
If pebbles are important to you than keep the pale gold that you have now. I have always waited for the end of season Barney's sales (40% off) and you definitely get the bottom of the barrel when it comes to pebbles.
Jul 29, 2012, 9:42am   #17
G
Are you sure those are pale gold he hasn't done a pale gold for a few seasons now. The last one I remember was in a latte color blk and a few more. I think you might be confusing it with the silver.
Jul 29, 2012, 11:20am   #18
Originally Posted by Giselle2
Are you sure those are pale gold he hasn't done a pale gold for a few seasons now. The last one I remember was in a latte color blk and a few more. I think you might be confusing it with the silver.
Nope. 100% sure it's pale gold. Definitely not silver. Not that stores are always correct, but ordered it from Barney's 2 weeks ago as pale gold. :)
Jul 29, 2012, 2:01pm   #19
Crazy Handbag Lady
Originally Posted by AngeCS29
Verdict: Keeping the pale gold. I've been wearing it all day today and LOVE it! I know if I waited I could probably get one on sale but at this point I'm so tired of the search, I'm OK with full price :) Husband would have heart palpitations if he read this!
YAY!!!!!!! so glad to hear u kept pale gold! he's STUNNING!

and i know how u feel about the hunt.... i was the same way with rosegold but it never went on sale so i finally just ordered retail and it was worth every penny!!
Aug 4, 2012, 5:56pm   #20
So glad you went with the pale gold! There is a gal on the blog The Life Styled who has that combo with some mod shots and it is really stunning. Think you made a good choice. I have the brass for casual days and the rose gold for my more glam moods.
Aug 4, 2012, 10:11pm   #21
a
Originally Posted by makesmesmile
I personally love both.
If you prefer the Pale Gold I would definitely return it anyways.
Barneys do sales quiet often and I was always wondering why they do those sales on black Roccos as well as on the colorful ones.
I have had an eye on the Rocco in Pale Gold for about 1 year now and it always came back in stock at Barneys.
I would keep in mind that the Rocco is a bag that might come with a lot of quality issues.
I got the Brass to sort of 'try' it out first. I feel like I will definitely purchase one in Pale Gold later on, but the quality issues seem to be so overwhelming and that's why getting a Rocco on sale is definitely the only way to go for me personally. And since pale gold always comes back you should wait for a sale.
I've seen it on sale quiet a few times, it was around $600, can't remember the exact price though.

Excuse my long explanation, but I was having the same exact issues :)
Agree 100% about the quality! I also don't want to buy one if it's not on sale. When would the next Barneys sale be you think?
POST A REPLY
  HOME Contemporary Designers Alexander Wang