Home > >

Which Alexander Wang are you SEARCHING for???

POST A REPLY

Nov 30, 2012, 9:41am   #796
Mariapia
Originally Posted by kerkent
@cologne : thank you! unfortunately, this site ask me more than 250 euros of shipping, duty, and taxes...too much!! I just did an estimation costs at the check out...
Kerkent, I am from France too. The other day, I was interested in an American-made bag.
I don't even remember what brand it was....So, I phoned the French Customs and they told me the Customs Duties (3.8%) would be calculated on the price of the bag+ the shipping....and then....I would have had to pay 19.6% French VAT.....on the price of the bag.
The Customs lady explained that if it's the US Postal Service which sends the parcel....the French Customs don't always check as there are so many parcels sent this way but if it's UPS, or Fedex or DHL....it's another story...we have to pay....
This is to deter us from buying oustide EU....
Nov 30, 2012, 10:16am   #797
k
kerkent
Originally Posted by Mariapia
Kerkent, I am from France too. The other day, I was interested in an American-made bag.
I don't even remember what brand it was....So, I phoned the French Customs and they told me the Customs Duties (3.8%) would be calculated on the price of the bag+ the shipping....and then....I would have had to pay 19.6% French VAT.....on the price of the bag.
The Customs lady explained that if it's the US Postal Service which sends the parcel....the French Customs don't always check as there are so many parcels sent this way but if it's UPS, or Fedex or DHL....it's another story...we have to pay....
This is to deter us from buying oustide EU....
thank you. Yeah, is better not buying outside EU. But there is sites like Shopbop who ask you the price of the duty (I payed 20 $ for a par of boots) which is refunded if the parcel is not checked at the Customs...And the shipping (with UPS) is free for orders of more of 100$...It's cool!
With another website, I had to pay 36 euros of duty and customs for a 90$ coat!
Nov 30, 2012, 10:26am   #798
Mariapia
thank you. Yeah, is better not buying outside EU. But there is sites like Shopbop who ask you the price of the duty (I payed 20 $ for a par of boots) which is refunded if the parcel is not checked at the Customs...And the shipping (with UPS) is free for orders of more of 100$...It's cool!
With another website, I had to pay 36 euros of duty and customs for a 90$ coat!
I think Farfetch is for us Europeans....and there shouldn't be any Customs Duties or French VAT. If the shop is in Italy for example, the Italian VAT is already included in the price.
Same with Mytheresa which is in Germany.
Life is tough...we have to look everywhere....
Nov 30, 2012, 10:38am   #799
k
kerkent
I think Farfetch is for us Europeans....and there shouldn't be any Customs Duties or French VAT. If the shop is in Italy for example, the Italian VAT is already included in the price.
yes!! It's a difficult work for a bag lover!!
Nov 30, 2012, 10:46am   #800
Mariapia
yes!! It's a difficult work for a bag lover!!
We have two French websites that sell luxury bags too:
Deschilder and Monnier.....
Nov 30, 2012, 10:50am   #801
k
kerkent
We have two French websites that sell luxury bags too:
Deschilder and Monnier.....
thanks!
Nov 30, 2012, 10:55am   #802
r
rachellena
I think farfetch is based out of the US in LA, but I could be wrong.
Nov 30, 2012, 12:37pm   #803
Mariapia
Originally Posted by rachellena
I think farfetch is based out of the US in LA, but I could be wrong.
I don't know but we have a farfetch.fr. When I log in and choose an item, only Italian boutiques appear.....the prices are in euros.
Dec 2, 2012, 5:54am   #804
B
Besssie
Is there anyway that I can possibly get a purple rockie in Hong Kong? :( I've been searching forever and nobody offered international shipping x(
Dec 2, 2012, 6:07am   #805
f3ist
Total Bag Newbie
Originally Posted by Besssie
Is there anyway that I can possibly get a purple rockie in Hong Kong? :( I've been searching forever and nobody offered international shipping x(
Barney's has the iodine purple rockie and they are offering free intl shipping right now :)
Dec 3, 2012, 3:13am   #806
B
Besssie
Originally Posted by f3ist
Barney's has the iodine purple rockie and they are offering free intl shipping right now :)
Thanks! But sadly I think Iodine is not the color that I am looking for. I think the other purple one is like gone ever since black friday. All they all sold-out everywhere?
Dec 3, 2012, 7:11am   #807
f3ist
Total Bag Newbie
Originally Posted by Besssie
Thanks! But sadly I think Iodine is not the color that I am looking for. I think the other purple one is like gone ever since black friday. All they all sold-out everywhere?
"Free global shipping will apply from 09.00 (GMT) on Monday 3 December 2012 until 23:59 (GMT) on Wednesday 19 December 2012." on Farfetch.com!
Heres the link http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/wom...-10243828.aspx. Only 2 left so grab it quick!!! Hope this helps!!
Dec 3, 2012, 7:28am   #808
Archipelago
I'm looking for the Marion in smooth black leather with rose hold hardware. If anyone has any leads, let me know.
Dec 3, 2012, 9:24am   #809
b
boxermomof2
Originally Posted by Archipelago
I'm looking for the Marion in smooth black leather with rose hold hardware. If anyone has any leads, let me know.
Nieman Marcus has it for pre-order.
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Alexan...1&cmCat=search
Dec 3, 2012, 10:20pm   #810
S
SuperDooper
Anyone know where I can get a black rocco with silver studs, first gen, online? I need one by Christmas for my girlfriend, I would really love to surprise her with one. Please PM me with where I can go online to get one. Thank you!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >