Home Contemporary Designers Alexander Wang

Alexander Wang Edge Problems

POST A REPLY

Jul 23, 2012, 10:44pm   #91
Crazy Handbag Lady
Originally Posted by CoachBuyer36
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. I feel a little better after reading your response.
np! i don't think you should worry.... you're gonna LOVE this bag!! it's worth every penny IMO!!

Originally Posted by bag_novice
I just bought my very first rocco from aloha bag in nyc, and reading this thread made my heart go up to my throat. I just ordered edge kote.
i don't think u should worry either!! enjoy ROCCO cause he's so awesome!!!
Jul 23, 2012, 10:49pm   #92
Crazy Handbag Lady
Originally Posted by booksandbags
^^ I'm with Cee. I say use the bag as is.

I have the "newer" Rocco, mine is from April of this year.
No problems at all with the edges and I haven't been that careful with it.
I feel if you have to be so cautious with a bag, it's just not worth it.
I love my AW bags and I am having quite a time breaking them in.
My Diego has some denim transfer on the bottom but I love it even more.
A good bag is a bag you can use to death and when it gets knicked up, it just adds character.

(This is why I sold my Bals because they were so expensive and I could never "be free!" with them, KWIM?)
nicely put, b&b!! and in regards to bal, i know what u mean!! i think i'd be that way with chanel so my hopes to get a black classic medium flap is out the window!! i found that RM's affair is a much better option for me since i can use to my heart's desire and not freak out if something happened to the leather!

Originally Posted by booksandbags
Don't worry darling!
I'm a high school teacher so I know all about the paycheck woes for us in academia.
This is a fantastic splurge piece!
I have my eye on my 'back to school' splurge piece once the checks start coming in again,
and it's most definitely another Wang. Either a Rocco or Emile.

You won't regret it!
OOoOO how exciting!!! i myself just pre-ordered the oxblood small emile from Saks - this really stood out to me out of the fall 2012 collection and i've had my eyes on a small emile for awhile now! i also love the new pelican clutch and satchel - so chic looking!! let us know what u decide to splurge on next!!!
Jul 23, 2012, 11:49pm   #93
* A.W. * L.V. * RM *
cee, I saw you pre-ordered the oxblood Emile, GORGEOUS choice, and that you are awaiting the Cayenne Rockie! That's the one I had my eye on as well so I can't wait to see your pictures!

I am loving the suede Emiles he's releasing (Saks.com has them up) especially with the black matte HW, SO HOT!
I'm torn between an Emile or the burgundy Rocco though for my next purchase which is perfect because they're slated for a September release and that's when I should have my steady funds again.
Jul 26, 2012, 9:01pm   #94
Anyone applied edge kote to other part of the bag? Example handle or the leather joint to prevent scuffing? Im curious if the products can help further damage the other part than piping itself? Thanks!
Jul 26, 2012, 11:11pm   #95
amateur bag hag
Originally Posted by fsadeli
Anyone applied edge kote to other part of the bag? Example handle or the leather joint to prevent scuffing? Im curious if the products can help further damage the other part than piping itself? Thanks!
yup, i've applied it to the inside of the handle where the edge rubs against the bag, it seems to be holding up well also.
Aug 1, 2012, 8:03am   #96
Total Bag Newbie
Hey there,

I'm extremely new to any of this. I've never owned a designer bag before but I'm getting my first A. Wang bag (the Alpha shopper) tonight! I'm saving up for the Rocco w/ RG hardware too! How do I go about moisturizing and caring for both my AW's? Like, what type of moisturizer do I use , how do I apply it on etc.

All help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance girls
Aug 1, 2012, 10:05am   #97
Originally Posted by f3ist
Hey there,

I'm extremely new to any of this. I've never owned a designer bag before but I'm getting my first A. Wang bag (the Alpha shopper) tonight! I'm saving up for the Rocco w/ RG hardware too! How do I go about moisturizing and caring for both my AW's? Like, what type of moisturizer do I use , how do I apply it on etc.

All help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance girls
I've used Leather Honey and Vectra spray on my two Roccos. And Vectra only on my Jane. All 3 bags looked the same before and after (the granite Rocco more moisturized, but no color change). I just used edge kote so I can't recommend that, yet. I don't know if the shopper is more like Rocco or Jane leather. So Vectra I recommend at the very least. :)
Sep 8, 2012, 10:30am   #98
Where can you purchase clear edge kote? Tried looking online but not sure I'm finding the right product!
Sep 8, 2012, 1:15pm   #99
Originally Posted by peterpanlove
Where can you purchase clear edge kote? Tried looking online but not sure I'm finding the right product!
I ordered the neutral edge kote from stecksstore.com about a week ago. It looks milky colored, but it goes on clear. I think it was about $6. HTH!
Sep 8, 2012, 10:14pm   #100
Originally Posted by beemer
I ordered the neutral edge kote from stecksstore.com about a week ago. It looks milky colored, but it goes on clear. I think it was about $6. HTH!
You rock, thanks so much!!!
Sep 9, 2012, 9:21am   #101
D
I had the same thing happen to my Rocco just months after buying it! It was my first designer handbag, so you can imagine my disappointment after spending so much money on it.. Thankfully though I got my money back, but love it so much I got a new one (but saved some money this place) but Im really nervous now that it will happen again.. :/
I just purchased my first Balenciaga.. Reading your post Booksandbags made me soo nervous.. Hopefully it will age well!
Sep 12, 2012, 4:00pm   #102
Originally Posted by beemer
Thanks for the tip! I just went to the website but can't find Edge Kote in "neutral." However, they sell "Bag Kote" in that color. Is this the product you purchased? Thank you!
Sep 12, 2012, 8:12pm   #103
Originally Posted by Zoe Bradley

Thanks for the tip! I just went to the website but can't find Edge Kote in "neutral." However, they sell "Bag Kote" in that color. Is this the product you purchased? Thank you!
Hmm, I'm not sure what the bag kote is, but what I ordered is edge kote. They might be out of stock. You could try emailing them to see if they have it.
Sep 12, 2012, 11:14pm   #104
Crazy Handbag Lady
Originally Posted by Zoe Bradley
i think this is what you're looking for, at the best price on the net!
http://sewwhatsupplies.com/cart/fieb...kote-p-94.html
they have neutral in stock
Sep 12, 2012, 11:30pm   #105
Does anyone which online site here in Australia where i can get the Neutral Edge Kote? I have the black Edge Kote and it wasnt that bad but makes the leather stiff and dry once u applied it.I have a black Rocco in rosegold
POST A REPLY
  HOME Contemporary Designers Alexander Wang