POST A REPLY

Feb 20, 2011, 9:19pm   #61
thanx susan. much needed
Feb 21, 2011, 5:52pm   #62
kdo
Let's Go Caps!
I read in a Nordy catalog once that they do offer leather cleaning and/or conditioning services for bags purchased from their store. You should double check with your local SA. Please report back your experience if you use their services.

Originally Posted by labellavita27
Hi ladies,

I was wondering if you condition the leather on ur AW bags? If you do how often? and with what type of conditioner?

Also if you have purchased any bags from Nordstrom do you know if they have any services for bags purchased there?

I'm trying to be preventative.
Mar 13, 2011, 7:37pm   #63
k
Bag Lover
I have the Donna in black. It seems as if it's changing colours. It looks like faded black / almost green. I noticed a few Canadian ladies in this thread suggested the Danier leather care products. I already own the conditioner and the spray sealer because I have a Danier jacket. Should I attempt to use them on my Donna? I don't want to damage it. :(
Apr 2, 2011, 5:50pm   #64
k
Bag Lover
Update
I just conditioned and sprayed my Donna bag last night with the Danier products that I use on my leather jacket. Nothing went wrong and no colour came off!

Just wondering how often one should condition the leather on their bags?

TIA!
Apr 14, 2011, 8:05am   #65
hey there.

would u guys advise to treat my bag with leather conditioner ? or just leave it as it is? im abit worried as my jena seems dry and i have a black baby rocco on its way to me. help please!

i do own a pro-treatment cream
Apr 14, 2011, 8:23am   #66
ok guys so i coudnt wait any longer and applied the pro treatement cream to my jena. the jena was looking really dry before and i was really afraid it might crack.

it looks better now. i guess conditioner would not harm the leather but mosturize it? i applied it very slowly and lightly in circular motion with a micro fiber cloth.

i just do not know how often i should do this? as i applied one coat. i did not want to over do it. should i remosturize every three months or so?
Apr 14, 2011, 9:30pm   #67
I
Hi:

So I am patiently (or impatiently ) awaiting an AW Kirsten satchel. I would appreciate any suggestions for how to waterproof the suede and leather straps. Thanks!
Oct 15, 2011, 9:27am   #68
Originally Posted by Susan Lee
I responded to you on the edge problems thread, but I'll add a few things.

I only use LMB products on my bags. I like their botanical moisturizer and shield, color enhance, and FHO (for handles only). I condition once a week since that's when I rotate my bags-I give them a spa day then put them away in their dustbags.
Hi i'm intending to purchase a new AW bag but after so much research about quality of the bag, i'm a bit hesitant so want to make sure i'm doing it right when it comes to preventing the bag before use...may i know what LMB products that u use before u apply the edge kote? how does the thing wear so far now (you used the edge kote since Jan)? does edge kote really helps to seal the edges in the long run? Thank you so much!
Oct 16, 2011, 11:12am   #69
Double Trouble
Originally Posted by fsadeli
Hi i'm intending to purchase a new AW bag but after so much research about quality of the bag, i'm a bit hesitant so want to make sure i'm doing it right when it comes to preventing the bag before use...may i know what LMB products that u use before u apply the edge kote? how does the thing wear so far now (you used the edge kote since Jan)? does edge kote really helps to seal the edges in the long run? Thank you so much!
Hi!
I used the botanical moisturizer all over the bag, then the botanical shield, then I lightly brushed on the edge kote. Still looks fabulous!!!
Oct 17, 2011, 1:11am   #70
o
planning to use the apple garde rain and stain on my new rocco thats about to arrive. is it okay?
Oct 17, 2011, 9:08am   #71
Originally Posted by Susan Lee
Hi!
I used the botanical moisturizer all over the bag, then the botanical shield, then I lightly brushed on the edge kote. Still looks fabulous!!!
hi so u mean botanical moisturizer for entire bag including edge, botanical shield for entire bag including edge as well? after edge kote do i need to apply another botanical moisturizer on the edges? no crack at all? does it really helps preventing the scuffing? sorry for asking too much!~
Nov 2, 2011, 6:47am   #72
Hi does anyone have experience with light color leather? My bone Rocco is starting to get dirty and I would to like to clean it I don't want to try just an product on my Rocco. Pls help if anyone know how to clean it.
Nov 2, 2011, 4:01pm   #73
p
Take That
People on the forum have mentioned something called Apple Cleaner or Conditioner which they have used to clean their bags. I think you buy it from their website.
Nov 2, 2011, 7:10pm   #74
Originally Posted by octoberrrush
planning to use the apple garde rain and stain on my new rocco thats about to arrive. is it okay?
Before I carried my new Rocco, I first applied two coats of Apple Leather Care, followed by two applications of the Apple Garde spray. I found that the Leather Care did darken the color of the leather (mine is Luggage brown), and it was darker in the spots where I happened to apply the cream a little more liberally. I think it adds to the character of the leather, so I don't mind it, but if it's something that'll bug you, it's something to consider.

Six months later, my Rocco's leather still looks great, but I will note that the Apple products did not protect my Rocco from denim transfer.
Nov 24, 2011, 1:34pm   #75
M
hi there I am new to this forum and need some advice on how to treat either a bone diego or a bone rocco to stop it from getting other colors transferred to it and getting dirty.
Any suggestions?

THanks in advance!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Contemporary Designers Alexander Wang Alexander Wang Reference Library