POST A REPLY

Feb 4, 2011, 8:19am   #61
cool thanks for the suggestions!
Feb 4, 2011, 8:22am   #62
Originally Posted by Ms.ShopChic
Hello bloggers! Some ladies here suggested that I should start on a new thread about the problems with the edges on the AW bags. I had my AW since late october and have been using it every since. There is barely movement on my bag when I walk but apparently the edges are extra sensitive. I heard some of you ladies have had this problem so please share your experiences.

Heres my baby:

Wow, that's really bad, I luckily haven't had that problem.. yet, i'll have to be extra careful and rotate my bags around more.. hope you can get it fixed!!
Feb 4, 2011, 9:41am   #63
i hope so too! I really LOVE LOVE my AW bag!! The love it so deep that I can feel it in my lungs
Feb 4, 2011, 10:38pm   #64
See! This is what I heard and was worried about!!
It's so embarrassing when carrying it because people could think that it's fake!! Ugh. I swear the quality went down though. My baby Grey Rocco had such thick leather.
Feb 5, 2011, 10:03am   #65
♥♥♥
Hmmm...this does worry me. I wonder how AW will address this? I am guessing they are just going to brush it off as normal wear and tear. I suppose getting the Black Rocco's repaired will be easier than those of color. I dunno, is it ultimately inevitable with these fragile leathers?
Feb 5, 2011, 9:11pm   #66
cinnabun + ms.shopchic: do you have the newer bags with the straps? I heard it's only common with the recent bags... I carried mine for the first time today and was worried sick about the edging and had to check every so often to see if they were getting worn out. I don't want a bag that I have to baby!
Feb 5, 2011, 10:21pm   #67
California Dreamin'
Wow, that's disappointing. I was considering a Lia but now I'm rethinking it.

I'm new to this sub-forum, is this common with AW bags? TIA
Feb 6, 2011, 12:27am   #68
Goodness, never seen anything like that before. I hope it can be resolved favourably!
Feb 6, 2011, 11:44pm   #69
yes it is the newer one with the strap... sigh
Feb 9, 2011, 6:00pm   #70
that happened to the piping on my diego a few months after i got it. i had contacted AW and spoke to 3 different people and got e-mails from them and they said i could send it in but it would take quite a while to fix it. i ended up sending it through Holt Renfrew and they weren't able to fix it, so i got a store credit instead.

NOW...i have one of the newer baby rocco's and i can see the piping on this one slowly starting to rub. :( so upsetting.
Feb 11, 2011, 10:15am   #71
sigh, I think I will try to fix it myself by sewing something on top of it. It seems too much of a hassle and a lot more money spending just to fix the edge. I'll keep you ladies posted how my self repair goes.
Feb 13, 2011, 11:29pm   #72
Originally Posted by pradapiggy
cinnabun + ms.shopchic: do you have the newer bags with the straps? I heard it's only common with the recent bags... I carried mine for the first time today and was worried sick about the edging and had to check every so often to see if they were getting worn out. I don't want a bag that I have to baby!
a Barneys SA asked me if i had a problem with my rocco ( first season).
i told her no and she said there is a major problem with piping on newer bags.
Feb 13, 2011, 11:41pm   #73
Yeah, it's the newer bags... x I don't think it's all new bags though because I've seen some people who've been using their bags daily and nothing's happened.
Last edited Feb 14, 2011 at 9:48am. Reason: NO mentioning selling please
Feb 14, 2011, 5:07am   #74
Omg, my black Rocco looks just like OP's pictures and I'm *devastated*. I have a large bag collection and have used Rocco only on about 10 occasions in total since I bought it in Dec 2010 (I rotate often).

I am going to take it to Selfridges - I think it's absolutely awful quality, and certainly not what you expect for a £795 bag. I just hope they can either repair it or give me store credit.

Unfort this issue has put me off any other AWs
Feb 14, 2011, 9:16am   #75
✿ Happy Tot ✿
Originally Posted by LittleMissBags
Omg, my black Rocco looks just like OP's pictures and I'm *devastated*. I have a large bag collection and have used Rocco only on about 10 occasions in total since I bought it in Dec 2010 (I rotate often).

I am going to take it to Selfridges - I think it's absolutely awful quality, and certainly not what you expect for a £795 bag. I just hope they can either repair it or give me store credit.

Unfort this issue has put me off any other AWs
That's awful LMB! I hope they return/exchange it for you and I'm so sorry you had this happen. It's weird, it almost reminds me of what happens to Bal's corners but faster.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Contemporary Designers Alexander Wang Alexander Wang Reference Library